Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > foodiegirl50's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Dubrovnik, Venice, Split, Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia)

Celebrity Solstice cruise in August 2012
Member Name: foodiegirl50
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: foodiegirl50's Celebrity Solstice Review
Venice
Port Rating: Not Rated
Great, ate at Ala Madona for dinner, so good. This is a beautiful, all be it crowded place. Also had some very expensive bad food. Make reservations prior to going from Trip Advisor.

More Venice Reviews Venice Port Profile Venice Forum
Split
Port Rating: Not Rated
I liked it here. We went to a swim spot via taxi, and went to a great place for a late lunch- Restaurant Adriatic. You can see the ship from the restaurant.

More Split Reviews Split Port Profile Split Forum
Naples
Amalfi Coast Rating: 5+ out of 5+
RomeInLimo's Carmine took us for our favorite day of the entire European Journey. Unforgettable. La Tagilata- Beautiful! Could cry thinking about it.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Rome is a beast. Get out early, see as much as you can. Had a great day with Big Vinny. Ate luch at Life, that we chose. Some friends from the boat met us there. It was good, but what I found is that you should really go where your driver has a relationship. This was the most successful experience wise with restaurant choices.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Lucca Walking Tour Rating: Not Rated
Sweet little place.

Wine Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Great day. Florence is so packed so glad to get out of the City to Luca and then Tuscany. Unforgettable meal and experience at Trattoria Omero. Then on to Tuscany to the San Michele vineyard. Great experience.

More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum
Marseille
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
This was just ok, not much to do. It was actually Toulon. Sweet market, good sandwich. This port was the one I had to wonder why we went. The man at the sandwich shop was very kind, however every other person that I asked any questions of were not kind and seemed annoyed at the bother. I said to one patron, I am sorry, I only speak english, when she looked aggravated and she said, I speak english, I just have no time for this. SO, this was my experience as well as a few others we spoke to back on the boat, may just have been unlucky that day. All other ports, the locals could not have been kinder and anxious to please.

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum