Member Reviews

Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: dlg0724's Navigator of the Seas Review
Athens (Piraeus)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Booked a private tour through privategreecetours. Definitely worth the money. Our driver took us to all the major ancient sites plus showed us modern Athens. Ate at a neighborhood restaurant. This was great because the food was authentic without being expensive. My daughter got a pair of custom made sandals.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Kusadasi
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Booked a privage tour through Ekol's. This was well worth it. In Turkey we had a driver and a guide. We took a walk through the ruins at Ephesus. This was better than Pompey or the Accropolis. We went to a rug factory and saw the whole process from silk worm to weaving. The leather factory had beautiful stuff but above my price comfort even with 50 % off. I suspect the jackets were a bargain but I don't know enough about leather.

Visited Sirince village. This was a nice stop. Bought a bunch of jewerly from the man who designed the jewerly for the move Troy. Sample some local wines. Olive oil soap.

I enjoyed the port of Kusadasi. While the shop owners were a little pushy (come visit my shop, good prices, hi pretty lady). There was plenty to see. Only port on this cruise that actually had something to see right off the ship.

More Kusadasi Reviews Kusadasi Port Profile Kusadasi Forum