Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: CMM's Carnival Pride Review
Port Canaveral
Kennedy Space Center Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
There is not much to do here but take an excursion to a Park. We went to the Kennedy Space Center and enjoyed our day. Carnival was charging over $100 for this excursion. We rented a car from Budget for $35 and printed out advance tickets for Kennedy Space center off their website which offered $5 off. We saved $50pp or $200 for our family by doing this on our own. Carnival just gives you a bus ride.

My husband and son are interested in the space program and really enjoyed the Saturn exhibit. There are great Imax movies included too and a cool space simulator ride. We took the 2 hour tour included in the general admission.

I would suggest renting a car as there is a free shuttle by the rental agency to their office.

We took along crackers to hold us over as the food is expensive and generic there.

More Port Canaveral Reviews Port Canaveral Port Profile Port Canaveral Forum
Nassau
Snorkeling Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Carnival gave us a choice for a refund since it was thundering. We opted out and appreciated the offer. It turned out to be a nice day. Our loss.

Walked instead to Junkaboo beach. It was an easy 10 minute walk past Senor Froggs and the HIlton. This beach had tons of glass in the water! Drugs were at the stand and we did not feel comfortable or relaxed there. Very small public beach. If I went again I would snorkel or pass for a day pass.

We went to the straw market and shopped in town. The straw market is hot and the people don't want to take no for an aswer. Made us uncomfortable. A lady on the ship had her hair braided and they charged her $3 a braid and they did 38. So it was well over $100 for half her head! Be careful and get a full price for the job before they start.

My husband took my 18 year old into Senor Froggs not knowing what type of place it was. Poor judgement. They singled him out since he sat motionless. The DJ got the whole place chanting his name and said if he did a napkin dance on the table the whole place would get free drinks. He was horrified. Husband talked the guy into letting him do it so the pressure would be off our son. So from what I hear my husband who never dances did a napkin dance. Not a great choice.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Freeport
Port Rating: 0.0 out of 5+
Take a cab away from the industrial port area.

We took a cab for $10 pp round trip to the Grand Lilyan (Radisson) which is by the Port Lucayan Marketplace.

It is only $10pp for a day pass. There were 3 pools a swim up bar. Beach chairs, shade loungers, hammocks, hot tubs. very nice.

Bar does not take cash so bring a credit car. Nice shopping right across the street at the market place. Much nicer people there. Daughter bought a great drink that they made in a coconut that they chopped open right in front of her for only $7. They had frozen alcoholic and non alcoholic choices. It is in the market place try one! and take a cute picture of it too.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum