Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > EricaLovesCats's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta

EricaLovesCats's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: EricaLovesCats's Carnival Splendor Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Day 3 at Cabo: Since we did not have a planned shore excursion, we decided to let the masses leave first before we tendered off. We ended up not getting off till 1030! We got to the pier and people aren't kidding when they say you become bombarded by people trying to sell you tours. We just pick a random guy and took a water taxi to Medino Beach. We got there and it was...horrible. We sat down on our towels and literally every 5 seconds we had to say "no thank you" to people selling stuff. I get it, I know they are trying to make a living, but just be prepared. This is not a "relaxing" beach. We got up and paid for parasailing and off we went for that. That was kinda weird too, as you have to hop back up in one boat (this is where being short was kinda tough) and then out in the water you would hop from that boat into another for the parasailing. My husband actually cut his knee doing this. But, the actual parasailing was a blast. I had never done it before and was surprised at how peaceful it is. The boat below is going fast, but you are just gliding softly. After that we went back to the beach. My husband went jet skiing while I tried to read a book on my towel. And saying "no thank you" every 5 seconds. When he returned from jet skiing I wanted to leave and return to the ship. There were still lots of time left in Cabo, but I was just agitated and done.

Once we were on the ship we did our daily routine of using our Spa pass, dinner, time in casino.

Day 4 at Cabo: This day was much better! We booked an excursion through Baja Buggies (specifically, we booked through cabosanlucastours(dot)net and chose the Baja Buggy Xrail Tour Cabo). We were told to meet them at 815am at Senor Frogs (at the dock -- can't miss). Then we got in their van and were introduced to the others going on the trip (they were hotel guests, not cruisers. All were very friendly). We drove out to their location and the guides go over safety and the proper handling of the Xrail buggy. Everyone got a helmet, shades, and a bandana (keep the dust out of your mouth/nose...this was a dirty adventure!!!). Those of us who wear glasses got the swimming looking goggles, while you perfect vision people got the cool close to your face kind. You people have all the fun ;P. It was a good 3 hours of driving through sand obstacles, trails, up a mountain, and then back down to the beach. We stopped for water breaks many times. Back at their building we were given more water and chips/salsa (you could purchase soda if wanted). Our van then took all of us back to our hotels and the dock. Oh also, my husband did all the driving. I did not want to, but then once I sat in the Xrail I noticed I would not have been able to anyway. My legs didn't reach all the way (remember I am 4'11) nor did the seat move.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Extreme Canopy Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Day 5 at Puerto Valhalla: This was an awesome day as well. We booked the Extreme Canopy tour through Carnival. The local company is Valhalla Adventures. After booking this I became nervous and thought "what have I done"! Zip lining, rappelling, suspension bridges, mule riding, etc. But I'm telling you, you CAN DO IT. It's fun and you do leave with a sense of accomplishment. The guides are always with you and they are good at their job and funny to boot. Lots of water breaks and chips/salsa at the end. If I had to say there was something I wasn't crazy about it was the mule ride. My little mule wanted to go rogue a few times but luckily a guide was behind me and would steer him back. Oh, and from the "short" perspective...some things were tough. The rope bridge was hard because taller people naturally hold the high rope a little higher, and you are having to tough down on it pretty hard to get it near your arm length. But it's doable. And at the zip line bases I would have to jump up to help the guide unhook my zip line. Ah well.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum