Member Reviews

Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: boosdada's Carnival Conquest Review
Roatan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Here we did the Mahogany beach, but we didn't book the excursion the beach is free as well as normal lounge chairs so i really don't see the need to book the excursion unless you want to have the chair ride, clam shell chair, or the snorkeling equipment. When we got there we got our chairs (free) and took to the water I rented some snorkeling equipment $22 two things about that 1. expensive you get goggles, snorkel, flippers, and inflatable vest. I would purchase one at walmart or something prior to sailing. 2. If you don't book excursion and want snorkeling equipment it goes quick because of all the pre sold equipment they can only sale what is not already pre ordered by the cruise ships. We ordered drinks from the beach waiters very good drinks and quite strong definitely not watered down. Beware though, our waiter over charged us $50. We got it back once my family told me what they paid for the tab. The waiter said it was a mistake...so just keep up with your tab. Didn't do any shopping here except for a little frog with a Roatan shirt on it for my daughter. There were stores here but mostly just generic cruise ship stores.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The rating here would probably be a lot higher but we were traveling with children 17mo and 18mo. Therefore no excursions were booked because of the age of the children. We got off the tender boat and shopped in the port area. We were going to take a taxi to the beach but they said the water was brown and murky, but they had a clear lagoon and they wanted to charge $20pp kids free, but that seemed to me to be a bit steep for a taxi ride and some dirty water....my opinion.. but shopped made some deals with the local vendors on some souvenirs went to the wet lizard (not as good as i hoped it would be) the drink was expensive and small and verrrrrrry weak had to ask for extra shot which was tinnnny. Although my parents went with us they took the air boat excursion said it was awesome so if you can do that they recommend it. I would like to go again and take an excursion when my girl gets older.
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Catamaran tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We booked the Isla Passion by powered catamaran because it had a beach and it accepted children 18mo and 17mo (free) and we didn't have to take a cab with the children. The boat ride was about 40 minutes not to bad right on the shoreline nice blue waters when we arrived at the private island we were the first group there so we had first dibs on chairs (although there were plenty) and bar (again plenty to drink). The buffet to my surprise was about a 9 out of 10 it was pretty good they had mahi mahi, chicken, spaghetti, chicken Alfredo, rice, two other dishes I forgot, fruit, and chips and dip. All the drinks including beer, rum punch, and sodas were all included in the price also the food was included as well as kayaks, paddle boats, floats, and volleyball. Really the only thing not included was the picture they take as you get onto the island, souvenirs, top shelf liquor and frozen drinks(strawberry daiquiri etc.) But all in all this was a great excursion I would recommend it to anyone going to Cozumel we left the port at 9:45 had 3 hrs on island (plenty of time to eat, drink, and play) we got back to the port at about 2:15 and we didn't have to be back on ship till 4:30 so we had plenty of time to bargain shop at the port area. I got some pretty good deals on a lot of souvenirs while in port. As an added note, the free drinks rum punch passion island etc were pretty good not watered down unless you let your ice melt in which case where weren't drinking it fast enough!!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum