Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Neapolitan99's Port Reviews of Izmir, Athens (Piraeus), Istanbul, Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Florence (Livorno)

Norwegian Spirit cruise in June 2012
Member Name: Neapolitan99
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: Neapolitan99's Norwegian Spirit Review
Izmir
Port Rating: Not Rated
I just walked along the waterfront - scenic and peaceful.

More Izmir Reviews Izmir Port Profile Izmir Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Port Rating: Not Rated
Metro easy enough to figure out. Getting to metro, not so much. Acropolis entrance hard to find but worth seeing. Lack of directions and signage made it hard for me to see much else.
More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Istanbul
City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
After visiting Athens solo, I decided to play it safe. Tour had about 30 people. We were able to spend enough time at the Blue Mosque and Topkapi palace, although its museums were more crowded than any I have ever seen. We had time for lunch and an hour in the Grand Bazaar on our own. It was enough. I would have been totally lost if I had tried to go on my own so I am satisfied with the excursion.

More Istanbul Reviews Istanbul Port Profile Istanbul Forum
Naples
Port Rating: Not Rated
Best port visit of all, went with Rome in Limos Shore Excursion to Positano - Wine Tasting Tour - Pompeii.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Stayed on board ship since I've been here before. There was a port and a metro strike so I am glad I decided not to visit.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Did a private excursion to Pisa, Florence, and Chianti Wine region. Visited La Cantina Greve in Greve and was able to taste a wide variety of wines. Greve is very small and charming -- great gelato.

More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum