Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > 2PATBOUNCE's Port Reviews of Athens (Piraeus), Rhodes, Santorini, Naples

2PATBOUNCE's Port Reviews of Athens (Piraeus), Rhodes, Santorini, Naples
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: 2PATBOUNCE's Celebrity Equinox Review
Athens (Piraeus)
The Plaka Walking Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
He drove around the city, pointing things out, then dropped us off at the Plaka for independent shopping and lunch while he took a group to the Acropolis. The bus was clean and pleasant, the tour guide quite knowledgeable.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Rhodes
City Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We drove a jeep in a convoy up to the mountains on the northern end of the island. For a very modest price we had an incredible experience! And stops along the way made it comfortable for all. The staff were a lot of fun, and had activities for the kids that were on the trip. They were also extremely professional, and very safety conscious. They made sure each driver knew exactly what to do.

We went off-road almost the whole time. It was amazing! Lunch was in a little villa on the Aegean Sea. Food was all from the farm! We were gone the entire day for E40 per person, plus E10 for lunch! Carolien, who ran things with her partner, took pictures all day, and at the end of the day made CDs for anyone who wanted one (small charge extra) capturing the best moments of the day, and being sure each jeep and each person was in the pictures.

This is the biggest bargain going, and I recommend it heartily. All ages could enjoy this adventure.

More Rhodes Reviews Rhodes Port Profile Rhodes Forum
Santorini
Port Rating: Not Rated
They said it couldn't be done, but we did it! Took my mobility scooter up the mountain via the cable car! The staff said that the streets of the town were not good for a scooter, but we did it anyway and had a blast.

The big problem was waiting on endless lines for the cable car, both going up and going down. There were two other options for the more able-bodied, walking the steep 600 steps up, or riding a donkey up. The walkers and the donkeys shared the pathway. And the donkeys being herded down the mountain ALSO shared the same path! All in all, I think we made a wise choice.

The streets were indeed difficulty - cobblestone and steep in places. But we did it. We left the main tourist shopping area and went to the other side of the mountain, where the view was unbelievable. We found a little taverna, SIMOS, and ate in the outdoor area, where there was a wonderful tree growing from the side, and spreading its canopy over us for shade. The view was awesome, and there was a breeze! Wonderful.

More Santorini Reviews Santorini Port Profile Santorini Forum
Naples
Private Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Our driver was Vincenzo ("Don't call me Vinnie!"), and we shared with two other couples, and the mother and aunt of one of our companions. The van was a brand new Mercedes Diesel with ample seating room, and room for my scooter in the back cargo area.

We drove up the coast rode first, so as to avoid some of the beach-goers later on. Still it was crowded, but the views were so beautiful we didn't mind, and Vincenzo was great.

We got to Sorrento, and were on our own for more than an hour, to wander, have a coffee, shop, whatever.... Sorrento is so beautiful. Lots of tourists, but a classy group! Next was Positano. I felt I had come home when I arrived there. My family is Italian and my grandparents were from Positano. Again, we were left on our own, with a designated meeting place and time. Our guide brought us to a restaurant at the top of the mountain for lunch. The food was very good, and the view also.

Next came Pompeii. Don't believe the guides who tell you it is accessible. It only goes so far, and then it is impossible for a wheelchair or a scooter. But we made it to the top of the hill on our own. When we wanted to know about something, we sort of listened in on a tour. We chose to do our own thing rather than concentrate on reading or listening to something or someone. The ruins are fascinating.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum