Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > 2legit2quit's Port Reviews of Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

2legit2quit's Port Reviews of Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, Grand Turk
Carnival Liberty cruise in July 2012
Member Name: 2legit2quit
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: 2legit2quit's Carnival Liberty Review
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Half Moon Cay (a private island owned by carnival)was average. There wasn't much to do aside from going to the beach. On the beach my family and I had a blast when we entered the Sand Castle competition...sadly, the sea washed it away. The boat could not come too close to the island, so ferrying back and forth was a bit of a hassle.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
This port was my least favorite of ALL cruises I have ever been on. It was just a bunch of shops from Carnival. After getting off, we got right back on. I suggest doing the same, its a blast in the pool area alone! My sister, however, did take an excursion--well let me rephrase. She and her daughter (7) were offered from a taxi driver a $20 charge to be taken to the most "beautiful" beach in St.Thomas. Apparently, this was not the case. 1ST, the $20 only counted for one way. 2ND,the cab driver left them at the beach, and 3RD, the beach was HORRIBLE and strewn with trash! Definitely glad I did not go!
More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Grand Turk
Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Very fun! Though I did expect the beaches to me pure white sand (had many rocks and grains), and my life jacket didn't work too well, it was amazing! Definitely worth the money, saw a shark too!

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum