Member Reviews

Destination: Bermuda
Member Review: CruzrwKidz's Enchantment of the Seas Review
Boston
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Boston is a great port to visit. The view as the ship is docking is amazing with the airport on one side and the docks on the other filling container ships. Quite impressive. The city is awesome as well. We chose to take the hop on hop off trolley and were able to get tickets at the dock. Our goal for the day was to visit Fenway Park, and I must say it was truly awesome. They are celebrating 100 years this year and I was amazed at all of the history contained at the ball field. My boys (DH 45 and sons 14 and 10) really enjoyed it. After we toured Fenway, we visited the oldest fire house in Boston and then we jumped back on the hop on hop off. We then exited again and walked a bit of the Freedom Trail before returning to the ship. The only thing that could make this better would be to have more time in Boston. Truthfully, 7 hours just isn't enough.

More Boston Reviews Boston Port Profile Boston Forum
Newport
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Newport was a great place to visit as well. Because of the whale migration, we were a little off the original times of our visit. We were scheduled to arrive in Newport and to begin the tendering process at 12 noon. However, we arrived earlier than expected and they started to tender folks at 11:20 am. It went very quickly. I believe our tender was #9 and we were probably on the boat by 11:45. When arriving in the city, the visitor's center is extremely easy to find. We stopped at it and purchased tickets to tour the Breaker's. Cost was quite reasonable and it was a welcome stop as we walked the Cliff Walk in 90+ temperatures. We didn't walk the entire trail because of the ease of getting on and off. We took public transportation ($2 per rider each way) and exited at the 40 steps location. We walked along the trail until the first place to exit and the Breaker's was at the top of the hill. The tour was quite interesting and they were able to handle to multitudes of visitors easily. We then got back on the cliff walk and preceded on it to the southern most tip before exiting (due to impending storms with lightening already in view). The views from the cliff walk were breathtaking. I must admit though that I don't think I fully understood the difficulty in maneuvering the trail until we were on it. Of course, keep in mind we were going absolutely as fast as we could so we could get to the end before the storm hit. The rocks were more difficult than I expected and that they told us at the Visitor's Center they would be. I definitely wouldn't attempt this with flip flops! You could do the first part from 40 steps to the Breaker's exit, but not much more. It's also good to know that there are two large pipes you need to walk through along the way. Unfortunately, on the return back to the visitor's center our trolley had to pass many folks because we were already full. That was the one negative. I believe on ship days at least they should have more public transportation available.
More Newport Reviews Newport Port Profile Newport Forum