Member Reviews

Destination: Blank
Member Review: bead_dazzled's Carnival Triumph Review
Progreso
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We selected the Xumal excursion. The bus was nice and the tour host was knowledgeable. The site has been well maintained and is one of the few sites in which you can still climb on the ruins. Although the number of structures you can enter and climb are limited. The tour guide was very personable and knowledgeable. My teens were more interested in the huge number of iguanas lazying around the site. Big ones, small ones, all colors. I don't believe anyone ate the "box lunch". It was a sad looking sandwich, banana and some strange looking brown nuggets and think were cookies...no one in my group would try them. We enjoyed a snack at the restaurant located at the site. Service is a slower pace than in the US. The food was tasty and worth the cost. There were a few vendors outside the exhibit but they did not have any US change so we did not shop with them. I was glad that the bus took us back to the cruise terminal instead of dropping us at the market in town. We have visited Progresso 4 other times and we have always been dropped at the in town market and forced to catch the shuttle back to the ship.

More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum
Cozumel
Snuba Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
I am giving this excursion a 3 because my party's equipment had to be changed out several times before they could begin the tour. While my family said it was OK, they said being tethered to the group air tank float limited their swimming range and speed and it was not as fun as they expected it to be. Despite some of the pictures that show an underwater scooter, this excursion is a swimming only excursion. My family will do a scuba excursion next time.

I chickened out and did not swim with the family...as the instructor said "nose breather...not so good with this". I enjoyed an adult beverage and snack at the restaurant. The guacamole was very good. Kids ate nachos and fries after the excursion and enjoyed them. Prices were fair; service was good. Massages and henna tattoos are also available from a vendor at the location.

Extras...lockers cost $3 each and pictures are $10 each. Transportation back to the cruise terminal is included in the excursion price.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum