Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > disneyfan68's Port Reviews of Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

disneyfan68's Port Reviews of Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Freedom of the Seas cruise in July 2012
Member Name: disneyfan68
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: disneyfan68's Freedom of the Seas Review
Labadee
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We got off the ship at 11:00am. We walked around and took some pictures. We headed for Columbus Cove and had a 1:00pm time slot for Arawak Aqua Park and the Dragon Coaster. It was hot! Real feel temp was 105 with a UV of 11! What turned us off a little were the pushy vendors as we made our way to Columbus Cove. We swam a little before our waterpark time. The water was nice but had a lot of sea grass. I found the water park toys to be really difficult to climb. My kids did ok. It basically became just swimming for me which was fine. After the water park, we made our way the Dragon Coaster. Again, we had passes for 4 but my daughter and I did not want to do it so my husband and son did it twice each. We completely missed the lunch and didn't get back on ship until close to 3:00pm. Nice island but not much to do. Very beautiful though.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum
Falmouth
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We had a day pass for Hilton Rose Resort & Spa which I booked through jamaicaforaday.com. This pass was all inclusive and included unlimited drinks and food so we decided to skip breakfast. We debarked and headed to the taxis/shuttles. It was a little confusing. We headed to the right at the fork when we should have gone left. No one seemed to know where our shuttle would be but were very helpful. I called the number on the confirmation and they answered. They said our pickup was by the 4 white tents. Those were very clear to see but we were in the wrong spot. Once we got there, the jamaicaforaday sign was very clear. Once we arrived at the Hilton, we paid our balance and headed to the pool. It is a beautiful resort. They have a huge pool with a lazy river and 2 slides with a swim up bar. We didn't arrive until 11:00am so chairs and tubes were scarce. We got chairs by the beach and went swimming for a while. Then we headed to the pool. One slide required a tube which we didn't have. The other didn't. The kids enjoyed the non-tube slide. We eventually got 2 tubes and did the other slide and the lazy river. The drinks were really good and strong. The kids liked ordering their own drinks from the bar (virgin of course). We ate lunch at Fresh (the buffet). It was good, but Mangos by the pool seemed better (but there were no tables and we were hungry). It was a great day and we would go to the Hilton again.
More Falmouth Reviews Falmouth Port Profile Falmouth Forum
Grand Cayman
Stingray Swim Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We arrived in Grand Cayman earlier than planned. Our excursion for the day was Captain Bryan's Stingray City Sandbar and Snorkeling aboard the Buccaneer. We booked this excursion through Island Marketing. The meet time was 9:40am (island time). We debarked the ship at 8:45am (island time) and tendering went very smoothly. We checked in with Captain Bryan's and then did some shopping. It didn't take as long as we thought. As we got closer to our time, people were missing so we had to wait for them. We headed to the busses by 10:00am. It was a 15 minute drive to the boat. We all boarded. I would say there were around 40 people on the tour. On our way to Stingray City, we could not get over the beauty of the water. Grand Cayman is gorgeous. When we arrived at Stingray City, the water was crystal clear blue with a white sand bottom. It was like a giant pool. The water was up to my waist. There were maybe 4 other boats there. You could see the stingrays immediately. So cool. We were told how to handle them before exiting the catamaran. There were swimming around us and my daughter was getting a little freaked. I'll admit, I was a little nervous too. They are amazing creatures. Each of us got to hold and kiss a stingray and get our picture taken. What an awesome experience. Next we went to the Barrier Reef for snorkeling. It was fun but not many fish. Next we went to Coral Gardens. There were schools of fish there. It was a lot of fun. Neither of my children had ever snorkeled before and they both had fun. We then sailed back to the marina. A great excursion and a once in a lifetime experience.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: Not Rated
We arrived in Cozumel by 10:00am. We had a quick breakfast at Cafe Promenade and debarked by 11:00am (10:30am island time). Our excursion for the day was Nachi Cocom Beach Break booked through Island Marketing. We grabbed a cab and arrived at Nachi by 11:00am. As others have said, the driveway is not appealing, but once inside, it is beautiful. We took our family picture with sombreros. It came out nice so of course I bought it. We paid our balance and were brought to our private palapa with 4 chairs. It was near the pool which worked so we could watch the kids. The water and beach was absolutely amazing! It was a picture perfect day. Our waiter was Joseph and were helped by Jesus. We had our first of many drinks right away. The pool was very nice and clean. The hot tub (which we didn't go it) was very hot so they must have fixed it. Again my kids loved the swim up bar and ordering their own drinks. We paid $2.00 for each of them to use the trampoline and they had fun on that. Another picture taken which we purchased. The food was very good too. For appetizers, we got the guacamole and chips, cheese sticks and French fries. All were very good. For lunch we got the tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas and my daughter got a hamburger. We were all to full for dessert but my daughter got the cheesecake (even though she couldn't finish her lunch). We had an awesome day at Nachi and would not hesitate to go back again.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum