Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: aprilcruisers's Carnival Triumph Review
Progreso
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
When we got to Progresso, we didn't have any excursions, but I had read on TripAdvisor about a restaurant. Sounded good to us, so off we went. The ride into town was on an un-airconditioned bus. Not too bad as long as we were moving. After he dropped us off, we headed down the Malcon (strip?) The restaurant is called La Casa del Malcon. Loved this place!! We walked past all the other places. Saw Buddy's. That was our second choice and so glad we didn't stop there. Not too impressed with the looks of it. Anyway, we kept going. It's a bit of a walk, but not too bad. Three quarters of a mile maybe. It's just past the police station. We were not disappointed. We were the only ones there and they made us feel welcome. They didn't speak English, but we made do with our limited Tex-Mex. The menu is in Spanish and English so no problems. My husband loved his shrimp, and I got fried fish. The whole fish! Not what I expected, but it was fine. The dessert was scrumptious! Nice views, great service, pleasant atmosphere. What more could you want!

We walked back to the pier, found another unairconditoned bus, and back to the ship.

More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: Not Rated
For our Cozumel stop, we booked at Nachi Cocum. It's an all inclusive beach. This is our second time there, and we loved it even better than before!

We got off the ship at 8:25, easy process, walked through the pier area to the taxi stand. They didn't have this area last time we were there. Much better. Shade, places to sit and wait if needed. We would of shared a taxi, but no one else was going. No worries. $15 and we were off. This was the first driver we've had that didn't scare the ____ out of me!

We checked in, paid our balance, and they had us under the palapa by 9 am. Excellent. We got in the water for a while, then we had massages scheduled for each of us. I went first. When I got back, my DH had ordered nachos and guacamole. It hit the spot! After my husband massage, I had lunch ordered.

We ate, drank, swam, relaxed. It was perfect.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum