Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > bromyardbell's Port Reviews of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Dawn Princess cruise in June 2012
Member Name: bromyardbell
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Member Review: bromyardbell's Dawn Princess Review
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Mekong Delta Cruise Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
An interesting day but a long one. Not what I expected; I envisaged mangrove swamps and deserted riverbanks on a calm but wide river delta. What we got was a very choppy river ride to an island where we had a sampan ride and lunch, which we enjoyed. Plus of course the compulsory factory and markets. I don't mind contributing to the local economy so I prefer to buy from the locals, but these factories seem so commercial I doubt any locals benefit!

More Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Reviews Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Port Profile Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Forum
Bangkok (Laem Chabang)
City Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
A long coach ride to Bangkok. Following the tour guide around the Grand Palace, then a river cruise before lunch. A very knowledgeable guide. Lots of crowds, temples. A good day spoiled by the length of time it took.

Grand Palace Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Vey crowded

River Cruise Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Interesting to see all the houses on and in the river; a lot of poverty right next to the opulence of gold statues in the Grand Palace.

More Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Reviews Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Port Profile Bangkok (Laem Chabang) Forum