Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > avideastcoastcruiser's Port Reviews of Hamilton, St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee

avideastcoastcruiser's Port Reviews of Hamilton, St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee
Explorer of the Seas cruise in June 2012
Member Name: avideastcoastcruiser
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Member Review: avideastcoastcruiser's Explorer of the Seas Review
Hamilton
Dolphin Swim Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

We did this a few years ago at a different port and this was inferior. My step-son did not get to ride nor kiss the dolphin. Also, the photos took too long and the place opened a bit late. This would not matter except that at every port you are on a tight time schedule and these delays prohibited us from doing more activities.

More Hamilton Reviews Hamilton Port Profile Hamilton Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Nice, safe island. We did not do an excursion since we have been here before. Started with Maho Bay. While sitting at the bar I met a couple who frequents St. Maarten. When I mentioned I was in the market for jewelry they referred me to Steven at Oro Diamante on Front Street. He was fabulous and I got a great ring at an amazing price. Without this referral, how could I choose which jewelry store was reputable other than ones recommended by the cruise line?! Then went to Orient Beach. We had a beautiful lunch on the beach, my husband and step-son parasailed and I got a massage from Prince on the beach! This island is our 2nd favorite, after Grand Caymans!

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: Not Rated

What a let down. The highlight was Senor Frogs! We had an appetizer and some drinks but the servers and atmosphere are a lot of fun, even with a child. Old San Juan was boring and had junky shopping. We paid for a can to Island Verde Beach which was more for people staying at a resort than for tourists coming off a cruise ship. There were no chairs to rent, no food and no bathrooms. We would not choose to go back to Puerto Rico but should it happen, we would choose an excursion from the cruise ship.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
Labadee
Port Rating: Not Rated

This was our 3rd time here since 2009. This island sure has come a long way! In 2009 we did the zip line which was phenomenal. If you go to Labadee, make sure you zip line! This time we did the roller coaster and aqua park. The aqua park is so much fun but so exhausting. Overall, very nice day!

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum