Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > 2nd time cruisers's Port Reviews of Gibraltar, Barcelona, Cannes, Palma de Mallorca, Lisbon, Vigo

Independence of the Seas cruise in June 2012
Member Name: 2nd time cruisers
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: 2nd time cruisers's Independence of the Seas Review
Gibraltar
St. Michael's Cave Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Gibraltar a beautiful place, steeped in history, but let me warn you about the Barbary apes, as cute as they look they are notorious for pinching anything that moves especially food, drinks, handbags and cameras. We witnessed an ape pinch a slush puppy drink from the hands of a small girl she was left with just the straw whilst the ape proceeded to enjoy the slush puppy. It's also a lovely place to shop with a Marks & Spencer's,BHS and many more British shops.

More Gibraltar Reviews Gibraltar Port Profile Gibraltar Forum
Barcelona
Montjuic/Olympic Stadium Rating: Not Rated
Barcelona: well I've been about five times and still find the city exuberating, lively and utterly stunning, the best way to see the city is by open top bus you can get on and off as and when, but do not miss the Gaudi cathedral

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Cannes
Port Rating: Not Rated
Cannes & Monte Carlo: unfortunately I was ill the day we docked so we missed this trip a word of warning it's a tender that takes you to the harbour. Our American friends went on a trip booked on ship way too much walking they were shattered, but 100% glad they made the effort. They said both places we amazing and not a trip to be missed even if the Casino was closed due to a strike.

More Cannes Reviews Cannes Port Profile Cannes Forum
Palma de Mallorca
Rating: Not Rated
Palma De Mallorca is another beautiful place I've been several times you can even shop at C&A's and again it has a beautiful cathedral and a lovely harbour. We did the tour on foot it was easy to find the places you wanted to see.

More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum
Lisbon
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Lisbon another beautiful city and again we chose to do the open top buses to get around it was cheap an easy hop on and off as and when.

More Lisbon Reviews Lisbon Port Profile Lisbon Forum
Vigo
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Vigo a pretty little place kind of spoilt by a monstrosity of a shopping centre as soon as you get off the ship, It's worth going up into the quaint little streets, but be warned to see the town you have to climb a steep hill whichever way you head into the centre, I needed my wheelchair and my partner was shattered after pushing me up the hill.

More Vigo Reviews Vigo Port Profile Vigo Forum