Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Robert Upshall's Port Reviews of Crete (Heraklion), Athens (Piraeus), Mykonos, Santorini, Katakolon (Olympia), Corfu

Grandeur of the Seas cruise in June 2012
Member Name: Robert Upshall
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: Robert Upshall's Grandeur of the Seas Review
Crete (Heraklion)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Knossos is fascinating. Archeological museum tour with our excellent guide wonderful. We docked in Chania but just drove through it.

More Crete (Heraklion) Reviews Crete (Heraklion) Port Profile Crete (Heraklion) Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Corinth Canal by Boat Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Interesting. Could have given it a miss though.

Corinth Museum Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The museum and the site of Ancient Corinth were fascinating and the guide was good. It was mostly new to me so I learnt something.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Mykonos
Island tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Very picturesque. Took some classic Greek Island shots.

More Mykonos Reviews Mykonos Port Profile Mykonos Forum
Santorini
Prehistoric Museum Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Absolutely fascinating. A unique and wonderful place - a snapshot in time from nearly three thousand years ago. The guide was good but frankly it would have be excellent without a guide.

More Santorini Reviews Santorini Port Profile Santorini Forum
Katakolon (Olympia)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We went to Olympia and the site of the ancient games. I found the guide a bit difficult to understand but the site was interesting. The museum repeated what I'd seen elsewhere to some extent but did have some large exhibits that I hadn't seen elsewhere. Quite a bit of time to shop after which, for me, was too long.

More Katakolon (Olympia) Reviews Katakolon (Olympia) Port Profile Katakolon (Olympia) Forum
Corfu
Achilleion Palace Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Wonderful view from the Achilleon Palace and it's interesting but less so, to me, than the ancient sites we saw elsewhere on the cruise and paled in comparison to the places we had just visited in Venice before departing on the cruise.

More Corfu Reviews Corfu Port Profile Corfu Forum