Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Emma's Port Reviews of Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Cannes, Marseille

Emma's Port Reviews of Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Cannes, Marseille
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: Emma's Norwegian Epic Review
Naples
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
As Ive stated before, we decided not to pay for any excursions, so we were exploring on foot. A lot of people we talked to enjoyed the narrow, bustling streets. My problem was (and its personal to me) that we have streets like that at home and Im a bit hard wired to not walk down them, so I found it difficult to feel safe and relax here.

Beautiful buildings though and the excursion to pompei sounds like it was a hit with the others, although I heard a few horror stories about the roads to get out there...

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The port is massive so NCL put a complimentary coach service on to get you up closer to the train station in Cittiavecchia (sp?). For 12euros each you can pick up a metro ticket that will get you the 90mins into Rome itself and on the tube system there aswell. I was told that the ship loses passengers by them missing the board-by time a lot in Rome. I can only put this down to people losing themselves in the history of the place...the transport system is perfectly simple and we didn't have a problem.

We had a meandering walk to the Colosseum and absolutely loved looking round. The views of Rome from the building are as precious as the views of it.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Cannes
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
My Word what a place! For all you Yorkshiremen out there, imagine Whitby, but rich, big and flat with better beaches.

Such a freindly place and good people. Photo ops a plenty and didn't have to cripple yourself to get around.

I absolutely LOVED the fact that the ship sends you in there on the lifeboats. Felt very Chic :o)

More Cannes Reviews Cannes Port Profile Cannes Forum
Marseille
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Im putting three down for this and Livorno (no option for Livorno on Port 2) as we didn't leave the ship. Have to say, although our reason for not going ashore was my leg, at no point did I feel I was missing out on anything as I has having such a good holiday on board :o)

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum