Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > PixieAmy's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya

PixieAmy's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya
Carnival Dream cruise in June 2012
Member Name: PixieAmy
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: PixieAmy's Carnival Dream Review
Cozumel
Dolphin Swim & Encounter Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Wonderful experience, fun for all ages. We did get a free lunch, it was authentic Mexican food, very good.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Wonderful trip for all ages, young to senior, trainers make sure everyone knows what to do and will answer all questions.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We took the River Wallace/Mayan Ruins tour. Kendra and Angel were our guides the River, they were amazing!!!! Angel was a wealth of information!

On the river we saw monkeys, various birds, bats, locals in canoes, houses of every kind along the river.

After the River tour we were taken to a local restaurnt. The Belizian Chicken was by far the best meal of our trip, better then the food on the ship. Try their local beer too, I enjoyed the stout, my mother enjoyed the light version. Lunch and a beer were $12.00 American per person.

The ruins were breath taking, on the smaller side, so easier to climb then other ruins.

Our tour was held up and took about an hour longer then it should have, but Kendra was great with keeping us up to date and answering any quesions we hard in regard to the tour, Belize, even about her trips to States.

We were given a bottle of water while on the River, make sure to pack one or two of your own as well, it can get very hot.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
Although I did enjoy the tour, the guides were not nearly as friendly as Belize or Cozumel.

We booked this tour through the cruise ship, zipline and Gambiana State Park.

My mom, daughter, and I had never been ziplining before. The actual zipline was a blast!!! We had a lot of fun. The company however, left a lot to be desired in way of their employees. I was told I had a "big butt", I'm 5'2" 120 pounds! My mother was yelled at LOUDLY in Spanish, she and I were both hit in the head with pullies, while we were waiting to go. That employee was scolded by another.

At the end an employee offered to follow my mom to our tour van for a tip! (We were told to leave everything on the van) and screamed at we had no respect for the workers, just about everyone on our tour was taken aback by that.

The state park was very enjoyable, the birds and monkeys were friendly, used to humans.

The beach was nice, but we only had about an hour on the beach, we didn't bother with swimsuits, we went in up to our knees, beautiful water.

Their was an area to order to food, only American fare though. I did not order any, but others seem to enjoy it.

Bus ride there and back was OK, about 30 min either way.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Costa Maya
Beach Break Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
After an active, early start for 4 days we decided to take it easy on the beach.

The ride their, we were herded on to a bus, nobody said anything, they took our tickets and away we went. Our driving, after about 40 min pulled up to a beach, he said where we were.

I understand their is sand on a beach, that is what a beach is, however, every chair on the beach was loaded with sand, not just a dusting.

Their was an employee cleaning the beach, raking, removing seaweed, he just wasn't removing it where we were.

If you don't mind walking through dry seaweed, unloading piles of sand off your chair, sending peddlers away about every 20 minutes then this would be a beach for you, but if you are looking for a nice well kept beach, look elsewhere.

Also, packs snacks, the food was offensive, as were the beverages. My mother wanted a Margarita, which was so bad, she couldn't even drink it. I just wanted pineapple juice, after a 3 min conversation, declining alcohol many times I finally got a pineapple juice, or I should say water, with a splash of juice!

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum