Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > supersecdd's Port Reviews of Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg

Celebrity Constellation cruise in June 2012
Member Name: supersecdd
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Member Review: supersecdd's Celebrity Constellation Review
Amsterdam
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We were in Amsterdam extra days on our own and thoroughly enjoyed the city. It is very walkable, plus has very easy public transportation. The Anne Frank House was very special to see. We enjoyed the pancakes and the pofferties for breakfast in the Leidesplein area where we stayed in a hotel.

More Amsterdam Reviews Amsterdam Port Profile Amsterdam Forum
Berlin
City Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The city tour was very good and we were able to get off the bus and take pictures when we requested to do so, which we appreciated.

Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The tour guide was very knowledgeable. I did not know I would see chimneys in Sachsenhausen and that people were exterminated there and I became very upset when inside the camp. I would not have gone on this tour, but our original tour was cancelled and we had to choose something to do this day. I should have been given a bit more information.

More Berlin Reviews Berlin Port Profile Berlin Forum
Stockholm
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
It was a half day tour and we would have like to spend the extra hour and a half remaining in town; the tour wasn't long enough. We enjoyed walking around the old town and seeing the Jewish sites.

More Stockholm Reviews Stockholm Port Profile Stockholm Forum
Helsinki
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We took a private Jewish tour with a Cantor and really enjoyed his good humor and knowledge. We saw the synagogue and the city sites.

More Helsinki Reviews Helsinki Port Profile Helsinki Forum
St. Petersburg
Amber Room Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
It is truly amazing to see this room covered in different colored pieces of amber. Don't leave without seeing this room.

Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I encouraged my friends to see this site and they were glad they did. It is very beautiful and amazing due to the minute pieces of mosaics making up each picture on each wall.

City Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Saw everything we wanted to see and was able to get off the bus to take pictures too. I'd recommend SPB Tours in St. Petersburg. The Amber Room is magnificent and not to be missed! The inside and outside of the Peterhof Palace is definitely worth seeing. The Church of the Savior is decorated with very tiny mosaics and is very beautiful. Seeing parts of the Hermitage Museum was very interesting, along with the reaction of the ladies guarding each room.

Hermitage Museum Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We walked through 2 floors of the Hermitage Museum and found the walking easy and the museum definitely worth seeing.

Peterhof Palace Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We enjoyed walking through the Peterhof Palace and then walking outside in time for the fountain show in the gardens. It was better than Versailles!

More St. Petersburg Reviews St. Petersburg Port Profile St. Petersburg Forum
Tallinn
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We enjoyed walking around Tallinn and didn't even go into all the sites I had planned to see. Everyone spoke English, making it easy to shop and ask questions. We enjoyed going into the old pharmacy on the market square. You'd be surprised at what the description cards say!

More Tallinn Reviews Tallinn Port Profile Tallinn Forum