Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > TheDream2012**'s Port Reviews of Palma de Mallorca, Sardinia, Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Villefranche

Thomson Dream cruise in May 2012
Member Name: TheDream2012**
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Las Palmas
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: TheDream2012**'s Thomson Dream Review
Palma de Mallorca
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I've been to Palma before so just got off the ship and took a short bus ride to the centre had a walk round the cathedral and a few drink in a local cafe.

Wonderful to just look around at my own pace.

More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum
Sardinia
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Wasn't really much to see again looked around the small town saw the Churches and had a few drinks. We didn't spend long off the ship as the port was small. We wished we had booked a trip to be honest.
More Sardinia Reviews Sardinia Port Profile Sardinia Forum
Naples
Mt. Vesuvius Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Wow what can I say. It was amazing I've never seen anything like it. Completely took our breath away walking around Pompeii in the morning was surreal lunch at a traditional restaurant then onto Mt Vesuvius even though the weather was really bad this made the trip for me battling the element to get to the top was fantastic. What a wonderful day.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
City Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We did the Express Rome in one day which was a really long day but gave us a snapshot of most of the main sights in Rome, we loved it and saw so much my eyes couldn't keep up with everything we were being shown. We decided that we would like more time in Rome so have decided to have a weekend early next year but because we have been we would feel much better and more confident getting around this amazing city.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Villefranche
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We couldn't take an organised tour because of the grand prix so we went on our own which was great. Got off the boat, jumped on a train (return ticket 5 euros)and after 15 minutes we had arrived right in the heart of the practice run. The sounds, smells, atmosphere was like nothing I've ever experienced. We were so lucky that we were there at this time.

More Villefranche Reviews Villefranche Port Profile Villefranche Forum