Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Dolphin3's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Key West

Dolphin3's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Key West
Carnival Liberty cruise in May 2012
Member Name: Dolphin3
Cruise Date: May 2012
Member Review: Dolphin3's Carnival Liberty Review
Cozumel
Dolphin Swim & Encounter Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We took a taxi to Chankanaab Park for the dolphin swim. We had a reservation scheduled for 10AM. The dolphin swim was fun and we enjoyed our dolphin "Regina". Unfortunately the weather was bad and we were not able to snorkel or use the beach facilities. So we cut the day short and headed back to the ship where we ate at Fat Tuesdays and did a little shopping at the pier.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We booked cave tubing with VIV tours and they were amazing. We had to take a tender to the pier and we found them easily waiting for us. Due to bad weather again, they quickly escorted us into our van and we traveled about 45 minutes to the cave. Kareem was our tour guide and he was the most informative and entertaining tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about Belize and we learned so much about the country. Once we arrived we were able to change into swimsuits and use the restroom. We were provided with life vest and helmets with lights. We then picked up our tubes and proceeded into the jungle. The walk is about 2.5 miles, the path is rocky but it was not too difficult. We entered the water with help from the guides and were clipped together in tubes of 8. Kareem guided his 8 tubes through the cave and explained all about the caves. It was very safe and we enjoyed it. Once the cave portion of the tour was over we floated down the river and then had a 5 minute walk back. We were able to change clothes before heading back on the van. I would highly recommend VIV tours, they were wonderful!
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
We book our private tour with Rony Bennett Tours. We had the pleasure of having Rony's brother Jonathan as our tour guide. He was so much fun and made sure we well taken care of at all times. We first visited the Monkey stop, where we had the opportunity to hold monkeys, parrots and birds. It was a great experience, especially since we were the first people there and had the place to ourselves. Then we went to South Shore Zip Line. I must say I was a nervous wreck about zipling as I do not like heights, but I wanted to say I did it. Johnathan made sure we were in good hands and was trying his best to calm me down. The zipline guides are very nice and tried to make me feel less stressed. After a few of the lines I was beginning to relax, I can't say I would ever zipline again, but I am glad I did. On our second to last line the guide pointed out a boa constrictor at the top of a tree which I am also scared to death of snakes, but it was below us and it was quite a sight to see one in the wild jungle. After ziplining, we went to Bananarama Beach and relaxed with some yummy drinks. The water was beautiful and Steven our bartender made the best drinks ever (West End Bay Punch). The entire time Johnathan made sure we were being well taken care of . My daughter and I had massages and too quickly it was time to go. Johnathan was a blast, and if we are ever in Roatan again, I will definitely request him. It was a perfect day!

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Key West
Snorkeling Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Since Key West was added as a replacement for Grand Cayman. We found a local operator and booked a last minute catamaran and snorkel tour cruise. The tour was nice saw many colorful fish, a reef shark, tarpon and lobster. We spent the remainder of the day shopping and visiting Mallary Square. It was a great day.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum