Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Oohlala3022's Port Reviews of Seville (Cadiz), Barcelona, Florence (Livorno), Marseille, Rome (Civitavecchia)

Celebrity Silhouette cruise in April 2012
Member Name: Oohlala3022
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Transatlantic
Member Review: Oohlala3022's Celebrity Silhouette Review
Seville (Cadiz)
Culinary Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
In Cadiz Spain, Sam Lister from Tailormade Andalucia took us on a full day Tapas tour - great local guide! We visited several restaurants experiencing traditional tapas to the more modern type of tapas and great wines. Assisted my sister in the wheelchair perfectly!

More Seville (Cadiz) Reviews Seville (Cadiz) Port Profile Seville (Cadiz) Forum
Barcelona
Cooking Class Rating: 5+ out of 5+
The chef met us at the entrance of the Boqueria Market where we toured and purchased all of the fresh seafood and ingredients that would be needed for our 3 hour cooking class. Beautiful market! Walked a few blocks back to the Cook and Taste cooking school and made paella, an asparagus dish, creme brulee and other delicious food. Marta Vila was so professional to deal with. The owner even assisted my sister and I out to the square where the taxis were and arranged for a driver. A must do while in Barcelona.

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Chianti Region Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I had the time of my life! Did a full day tour with "Tuscany in Tour" to the Chianti area. Massimo Clemente, knew the area exceptionally well. We drove into several small villages, had coffee the Italian way, walked through meat and cheese shops and along the cobblestoned streets admiring the beautiful architecture of the buildings. Next we drove to a farmhouse cooking school, Fattoria Montagliari, where I had a private lesson and learned to make an entire Italian meal including fresh pasta, a lamb dish and the best dessert I have ever eaten. Excellent food, wine and hospitality. A must do if you are in the area.

More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum
Marseille
City Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Did a scenic coastal drive to Cassis, Marseille, and Aix with Edward from AMP tour out of Aix. He was very knowledgeable of the areas and did a great job assisting my sister who was in a wheelchair. He even got out of the car to pick fresh herbs from the countryside. We enjoyed a 3 course meal lunch by the water. Fantastic experience!

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Our transfer to the Rome airport was done by RomeCabs and was 1st class. Michael was our English speaking driver in a Mercedes sedan and was very prompt in picking us up. He assisted my sister in the wheelchair all the way through security at the airport. Amazing service!

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum