Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Izlander's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

Izlander's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
Carnival Freedom cruise in May 2012
Member Name: Izlander
Cruise Date: May 2012
Member Review: Izlander's Carnival Freedom Review
St. Thomas
Scuba - beginner Rating: 5+ out of 5+
St Thomas is a favorite of mine, we went to Cokie Beach and did the beginners scuba diving, well started to I chickened out but my daughter went and had a ball, I ended up snorkeling and it was a really great snorkeling area, lots of fish that you can hand feed. Had a really good time there.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Took a tour with Lawrence tours of Antigua that we had booked before we went, he met us at the docks and to my utter dismay the obnoxious family were on the same tour... how unlucky can one get? Regardless of them he did give a good tour of the Island, he really does need to slow down because he hit some pot holes so hard I thought I was going to fly into the roof. DH has back problems so he found it very uncomfortable. We went to Nelson's dockyard which is an additional $8 it was pretty but I don't think it was worth the extra money. Then it was on to the beach for an hour I think it was called Valley Church Beach it's a pretty beach but beware of the prickly burrs that appear to be everywhere. When they stick in to your skin they hurt!
More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: Not Rated
Due to the limited hours we took the carnival tour to Virgin Gorda and The Baths, this was the most beautiful place I have ever been to, we did go through the caves to Devils beach and it was every bit as pretty as The Baths. The caves can be a bit challenging in flip flops I would recommend water shoes since you are wading through water and climbing big boulders. Carnival charges a lot for this tour and could have extended it an hour so that there was more than 1\2 an hour on the beach. The Baths are a must see and well worth the trip.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: Not Rated
Nassau -- what a dump we didn't do a tour since we couldn't agree on anything so I decided we would go exploring, umm not for long! If you leave the main street it becomes seedy very fast, lots of run down and closed buildings and nothing to see. The only thing they have is Atlantis, hence the huge price tag on the tours there, I also heard a lot of people complaining about it when we got back to the ship. Along with Jamaica this is on the list of I'm never going there again Islands.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum