Member Reviews

Destination: Bermuda
Member Review: rafinmd's Enchantment of the Seas Review
King's Wharf
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We were several hours late arriving in Bermuda, due to a combination of diverting around Navy exercises on our way and adverse winds and currents. Docking at Kings Wharf is a bit of a pain, as it requires either a ferry or bus ride to get to the main town of Hamilton. A transit pass ($20 for 2 days) is useful and a scenic way to see the island. I had only a short time in Hamilton, while Sunday I attended a local church service, walked on a section of the island's rail trail, and found the National Museum at Kings Wharf a good value. I had booked a nighttime glass bottom boat tour, but it was cancelled, presumably due to high winds.

More King's Wharf Reviews King's Wharf Port Profile King's Wharf Forum
Boston
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
What a wonderful city. I had booked a tour of Lexington and Concord, but cancelled when I discovered my brother from Iowa was in town for a Harvard reunion. Boston has an extensive mass transit system, with a stop very close to the port. The area is served by the "Silver line", a bus line out near the pier which goes underground and connects with the regular subway lines near South Station. A day pass on the MTA is a value at $9.
More Boston Reviews Boston Port Profile Boston Forum
Newport
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Our one tender port, Newport is a former playground of the super rich, a historic town, and a yacht racing mecca. A trolley line runs from near the tender stop to the "cottages", summer homes which would be considered castles, rather than cottages in most cultures.

More Newport Reviews Newport Port Profile Newport Forum