Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > jfroschauer's Port Reviews of Miami, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau

jfroschauer's Port Reviews of Miami, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau
Norwegian Epic cruise in January 2012
Member Name: jfroschauer
Cruise Date: January 2012
Member Review: jfroschauer's Norwegian Epic Review
Miami
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Miami was the port of embarkation/disembarkation. I flew into the Fort Lauderdale Airport and getting to the Port of Miami was very easy. It took about 30 minutes. If you need a ride from the Fort Lauderdale Airport, I would highly recommend SAS Transportation. They are relatively inexpensive and the drivers I encountered were all very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint is that the gentlemen taking the luggage onto the ship were soliciting tips. I know they're working hard and I'll happily give them an appropriate tip but the pressure from them to give them more money made me very uncomfortable.

More Miami Reviews Miami Port Profile Miami Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Well laid out and easy access to the ship. The organization of the excursions of the ship could use some work but I'm not sure of any other way for them to do it. I found it helpful to ask crew members I was comfortable with to point out the best places for free wifi and good drinks. This proved helpful because I ran into the crew at a lot of these places. I would buy some of them a drink or two and I saw some subtle perks when I would see them back on the ship.
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
City Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
As a first time cruiser, this seemed like a logical choice to get a good sense of the island. We saw some interesting things and found some great places for pictures but I found myself wondering if I could've spent my money on something a little more exciting.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
By the end of my cruise, I started to feel like all the beaches looked the same. I wasn't really interested in shopping and that seemed to dominate the port area in Nassau. I did stroll the streets and I found some cool places to enjoy a drink and enjoy the scenery. Now that I have a feel for how these cruises work, I might venture out a little bit more if I go back.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum