Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > baillie's Port Reviews of Alexandria, Mykonos, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Athens (Piraeus), Venice

Crown Princess cruise in May 2012
Member Name: baillie
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: baillie's Crown Princess Review
Alexandria
Egypt Over Night Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Egypt was awesome we purchased the overnight package and really enjoyed ourselves. I would only wish they would have skipped the Sound and Light Show of the Pyramids as it has never been updated since it was started...what in the 60's?

Had lunch at the Marriott...best food ever. Set the bar for all other resturants we ate at.

After coming back for Cairo...discovered I had been bitten by sand fleas...would recommended taking bounce dryer sheets with you and carry in pockets and rub on feet and legs.

Saw the Dr. on the ship and told I was about the 11th person to come to him. Issued me cortisone and a antihistamine. Thanks doctor the bites are almost cleared up.

More Alexandria Reviews Alexandria Port Profile Alexandria Forum
Mykonos
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Had been to location before and Mykonos is a lovely port with great shops and views. Even watched a Tornado in the distance. It was cold and rainy when we visited...shame and the ship left port at 2pm just when all the rain was stopping.
More Mykonos Reviews Mykonos Port Profile Mykonos Forum
Istanbul
Blue Mosque Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
See this site in the morning...why? The smell of foot Oder will not be as bad. But beautiful building

Grand Bazaar Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Istanbul took the 8 hour trip off the boat...saw lots of sites. One issue was the tour guide when we where going in for the rug demonstration would not tell us what time we all had to meet back up. After the rug demonstration found out we had to meet back up in 15 minutes....this left me 15 minutes to go into the grand bazaar! My main reason for going to Istanbul. Great disappointment.

Kusadasi, this is a must see port. Not enough room here to discuss.

Hagia Sofia Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Plain simple church...but lovely to see

Topkapi Walking Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
A little less time here and more time at the Grand Bazaar. Everyone sat around for 30 minutes after seeing everything.

More Istanbul Reviews Istanbul Port Profile Istanbul Forum
Kusadasi
Basilica of St. John Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Church of St John insteresting...seeking funding for resortation

Ephesus Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
What can you say but awesome...can't wait to see when they excavate more and what they discover

House of the Virgin Mary Rating: Not Rated
The virgin Mary's house not a simple place of worship. No photos or taking please as people are there praying.

More Kusadasi Reviews Kusadasi Port Profile Kusadasi Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Athens, we did not take any tours off the boat but went on our own...purchased tickets for the Hop-on Hop-off bus for 20 Euros and purchased our own tickets to the acropolis for 12 Euros. The Hop-on Hop-off bus will take you all over Athens and return you back tot he port. Also the ticket for the Acropolis, hang on to this ticket it will get you into 7 different sites. So if you are on a budget this is a great way to go.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Venice
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Venice I wish the ship would have given us a better map for this city. Again we did not use any of the ship transportation as this is a very walkable city close to the port. And just a block away from the port is a overhead Train for 1 euro will drop you off at the bus station. Which is really just a 10 minutes walk from the port.

This is my third visit to venice and think I have seen enough of this city. At least this time I was not stranded in Venice by my tour agency due to a volcano.

More Venice Reviews Venice Port Profile Venice Forum