Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > indychristine's Port Reviews of Castaway Cay, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman

indychristine's Port Reviews of Castaway Cay, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman
Disney Fantasy cruise in May 2012
Member Name: indychristine
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: other
Member Review: indychristine's Disney Fantasy Review
Castaway Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Castaway Cay- We love CC. Period. Best beach options we ever have on any of our cruises. We rented bikes this time and went out to the observation deck. It was a really nice ride. We will probably always do that. Next time we will get a cabana though! We love CC so much we think it will be worth it. The food at Serenity Bay was great as usual.....love my rib eye sandwich! The weather was warm and the water refreshing!! Fantastic! So earlier I alluded to a "incident" well believe it or not it happened at Serenity Bay!! First time I have ever seen anything like this happen! It was getting close to time for us to head back to the ship, probably after 3pm when suddenly we hear a commotion a few chairs down. There is a CM and a guest talking, I can't tell if they are just goofing with each other or what but after a minute it becomes apparent that the guest is really upset over some mishap. To make a long, tedious story shorter........this guest is being loud and ridiculous and oh so rude to the CM's ( 3 of them) he was so out of line that security got called. A lot of people, including us, left at that time. When we were on the tram we asked a few people who were behind us if he was still going at it and they said, "yes and worse than before" An officer from the ship came and security. I am telling you it was stupid and it was alcohol fueled. It was so bad that there were a lot of guests on the beach reassuring the CM's that they were there if needed to cover their backs. All we could think was that these CM's work so hard and do not deserve this treatment. They were fully clothed running back and forth getting his beer, sweating their butts off only to be treated that way. Even if the CM made some type of mistake they do not deserve that rude degrading treatment, nobody does and of course they just took it, as they should, I understand. They were brilliant! But It was sad.

More Castaway Cay Reviews Castaway Cay Port Profile Castaway Cay Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Costa Maya- I liked Costa Maya, my husband hated it. Maybe hate is too strong....but he did not feel it was very nice. I grew up in Chula Vista, California which is a suburb of San Diego about 10 miles North of Tijuana Mexico. I am used to rustic Mexican villages while my DH was born and raised in the Midwest. Maybe that is all that needs to be said? LOL I guess I could see where he may feel It was a little sketchy at times. And the little port area with shops and the pool is not really that great. I think they could do better with it. We went into Mahahual and walked the Malacon. This is the little fishing village less than 2 miles away from port. Taxis are easy to get, $3 there $2 back PP. There are beach clubs all along the Malacon ( boardwalk) and yes there are vendors that can be a little pushy as you walk along, but no big deal. We walked to the end and turned around to go back to Fernando's 100% Agave. We had heard a lot about it. It was good. We ate a meal and were served 3 different tequila shots by Fernando ( very nice man) and spent less than 20.00 then we bought some of his tequila, which a liter cost us 14.00 It was a nice day in Costa Maya.
More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Cozumel
Catamaran tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Cozumel- We did the Fury Catamaran snorkel and beach party. I can't say enough about how great the crew of the Fury were! They were the best in customer service that we saw anywhere.....other than the ship. They should work for Disney! My mom is a little mobility challenged and they were beyond attentive of her. My dad was asking my DH to come help and before he can get to them there is a crew member helping her out. And this was the norm and happened quite often. And they can dance too! LOL My DH and I did not do the snorkel because we had heard it could get really crowded and there may be a lot of kicking and stuff.....that made me uncomfortable because I am a beginner having only snorkeled a couple of times before and never off of a boat. I am sorry we did not do it! It looked great and we would not have had to worry. They take you to their private beach after snorkeling, it is a beautiful beach. The only thing you pay for is a hamburger if you want one....it is $9.00 hamburger, potato salad and macaroni salad with all the drinks you want. GET ONE. :) They were good! We pay that much for a good burger at home so why not? All in all we would highly recommend the Fury. OH and yes you do have to walk in water when you exit the cat to get to the beach but if my mom can do it you can :) Warning though.....the sand on the beach is not very packed and is hard to walk on. Walk on the waters edge, much easier.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Island Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Grand Cayman...you tender here. Tendering was OK, no problems. We took the island tour with the turtle farm and Hell. I would not do it again but it was interesting once.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum