Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > clover3's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

clover3's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Dream cruise in April 2012
Member Name: clover3
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: clover3's Carnival Dream Review
Montego Bay
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Montego Bay, Jamaica. Docked and could go thru a very small shopping area in about 10 minutes! That was enough for me. We have been to Ocho Rios, Jamaica before and I have read nothing but bad things about cab drivers, people, been given drugs to purchase and seen all the natives try to get you to purchase everything they own. I think Jamaica is dirty, and annoying with very limited excursions to really enjoy safely. I really don't understand why any cruise line goes there. Costa Maya and others are much better places to port.

More Montego Bay Reviews Montego Bay Port Profile Montego Bay Forum
Grand Cayman
Scuba - Certified Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Grand Cayman-Tendering. This is such a different port than Jamaica. It is beautiful, clean, and full of fun things to do that you feel safe doing! The tendering does take some time, so allow for that if you book your own excursions. My husband dives, so we booked a 2 tank dive thru Carnival. They use Don Foster Dive Shop. This was an excellent organization. They were top knotch, experienced and safety conscious attendants. I also go along as a non-diver so I see more than even the average diver. I was very impressed. They were prepared, efficient, and instructed where, when, what to see, and how they were going to dive & get equipment. This was one of the best dives my husband has been on.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Scuba - Certified Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Cozumel-Port. This was also an excellent place for excursions. The port is clean and plenty of nice places to shop before our excursion. My husband also dove at this port. Unfortunately after we got on board Carnival Dream the first day, we were given a notice that his dive in Cozumel was cancelled with no explanation. There were also 18 other people who booked this dive. We were disappointed that they didn't try to help us to make another arrangement or give us notice so we could do so before boarding. We frantically rushed to call our son and have him book another dive in Cozumel thru a private organization. He booked us thru Papa Hogs. There are several dive shops in the area, and a taxi for $4 can take you to their shop. This was also an excellent dive and we had told a few Carnival Dream divers from Grand Cayman about this privately booked dive, so they also came along. I was able to sit on a very small beach and wait. There was a nearby bar where I got a soda and some chips. It was nice to just sit, get wet if I wanted and just have a great view.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum