Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: butterflys's Norwegian Sky Review
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
It was a gloomy day no sun to be seen but dry for the majority of the day. I loved my clam shell as it doubled as a rain shelter when the rain sprinkles began. My husband did the Hippo slide no lines. Most people stayed on the boat due to the lack of sun but I enjoyed the beach without the crowds.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We cancelled our cruise sponsored site-seeing tour to do a walking tour on our own. Right outside the port ambushed to buy a necklace "for the children" .. oh my, yes I was suckered out of $5 for a necklace. Lesson learned, keep walking. We proceed to the Pirate Museum the whole reason for canceling the ships tour. Yes, I read the reviews that it was bad. It was not that bad. It was longer than I expected and the store owner was nice. More importantly, I got my Pirates of Nassau t-shirt. Now off to the tour posted on Scubagirl's site. Some of the tour is in a nice area with lots of tourist and some are questionable for sure. Once we were away from the main stream of tourist we were not bothered by anyone. So I believe we were safe but its good to be cautious.

The main part is the further from shore the hotter it is. Boy did it get hot, I was never so happy to near port to finally stop sweating. For that fact along although the walk wasn't bad I think I would have rather did a riding tour rather than a walking on.

We stopped at the Bay Street shops to collect the free junks from the port shopping map. Then off the Senor Frogs for lunch. The conch fritters were good more like hush puppies with clams. But the food was very expensive $70 for two of us for appetizer, chicken sandwich and hamburger and one alcoholic drink.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum