Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Dmausa's Port Reviews of Hilo, Kauai, Honolulu, Maui, Ensenada

Dmausa's Port Reviews of Hilo, Kauai, Honolulu, Maui, Ensenada
Destination: Hawaii
Member Review: Dmausa's Golden Princess Review
Hilo
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Learning about Hawaii Volcanoes was very interesting. The tour guide was very kind and was very knowledgeable. It was kind of disappointing not seeing any lava, but we did get a great picture of a volcano smoking in the back ground. The nut farm was OK.

More Hilo Reviews Hilo Port Profile Hilo Forum
Kauai
Wailua River Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We were expecting a little more, but it was a good cruise up the river to the fern grotto. The performers going to the Fern Grotto and at the Fern Grotto were awesome. The scenery was great.

More Kauai Reviews Kauai Port Profile Kauai Forum
Honolulu
Pearl Harbor Rating: Not Rated
I've been on the Arizona Memorial before (22 years ago) and I teared up (Both times). After the movie they show before you take a tender out to the actual memorial. The only thing that upsets me the most is the orientals while on the memorial do not adhere to the cell phones off, and quietness that should be observed. Other than that this was an outstanding excursion.

Pearl Harbor Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Ford Island where the Mighty Mo is berthed was interesting. Uncle Ted told us about the forgotten ship (USS Utah), and the baby girl. I never heard the story before and would like to share it but I can't remember how exactly it went, so I best not pass on bad info.

Mighty Mo Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This excursion was awesome, especially Uncle Ted from Roberts Hawaii bus #630. Seeing the Mighty Mo in person was really breath taking. The size of the guns in real life compared to seeing them in pictures is awesome.

More Honolulu Reviews Honolulu Port Profile Honolulu Forum
Maui
Whale Watching Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I recommend this to families with kids interested in wildlife. We seen a few whales but was disappointed that none of them breeched completely, they just teased us with their tails, and did a couple of fin slaps. But over all it was a good excursion. After we were dropped off at the pier, and we did the city tour which was very informative and relaxing.

More Maui Reviews Maui Port Profile Maui Forum
Ensenada
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Could of and should have stayed on the ship at this port. I would have preferred to have more time in Maui than to stop here. In my opinion Ensenada is over rated, at-least where we were.

More Ensenada Reviews Ensenada Port Profile Ensenada Forum