Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SusieQ4U's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya

SusieQ4U's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya
Carnival Dream cruise in April 2012
Member Name: SusieQ4U
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Member Review: SusieQ4U's Carnival Dream Review
Cozumel
Scuba - Beginner Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This particular excursion was priced the same on ship as through third party vendors (per my research, anyway) and included transportation. I give it 5 stars even though I kind of hated scuba diving! It's just not for me. However, the excursion was handled fantastically. The insructors were thorough, patient, and did their best to make me comfortable (like I said, it just wasn't for me). They didn't let my discomfort ruin the excursion for the others in my group, either.

It's a nice introduction to scuba and is managed very well by friendly people.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I love this port, even though I often see that other folks don't. This is the one that you just have to take an excursion in to get the most out of. The snorkeling in Belize City is second to none. This time we took a tour of Mayan Ruins, and that was fantastic and very reasonably priced. (We purchased after getting off of the ship).
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
I love this port. Although Mahogany Bay is definitely a "cruise city" it's a nice one and there is a zip line within walking distance (www.clipnziproatan.com), a nice beach, beautiful scenerey, great available excursions, and for whatever reason the Wildest Fat Tuesday of any out there.

Relax on the beach for a while here, then dance on the bar at Fat Tuesday. My kind of day, really, even though it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Perhaps it's just my own great memories that I've made in this port (this cruise and prior) but I love, love, love Roatan/Mahogany Bay

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: Not Rated
Maybe I was just worn out by the time we got here, but I didn't find a lot here to love. Although the pool with all of the swim up bars was kind of cool.

Shops that are typical of port shops, bars/restaurants typical of port bars/restaurants. Seemed kind of "private island"-ish insofar as things to do.

Again, may have just been that I was too exhausted from the day before to really enjoy this early morning and short port.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum