Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Floridajames's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya

Floridajames's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya
Carnival Dream cruise in April 2012
Member Name: Floridajames
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: Floridajames's Carnival Dream Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was our 5th time in Cozumel and continue to enjoy this port. We have visited Chankanaab Park the past 3 years and decided to try Mr. Sanchos this year. Mr. Sanchos was great. It is an all inclusive and have wonderful service as well as terrific drinks and food. We enjoyed the ocean as well as the pool with the swim up bar. My wife had a very relaxing massage. We would definitely go back to Mr. Sanchos.

One word of warning: We had planned to take a taxi with just the wife and I, but ran into a great couple from Georgia and split a taxi. The driver charged both of us full fares. I did not want to quibble so I let it pass. It's pretty common practice in Nassau, but I was a little disappointed that it happened in Cozumel.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
This was a third year in a row at Belize. The past two years we took the tender in and did a bit of shopping. The tender operators are surly and do not seem to us there. The same can be said for the shop owners. These folks will not even exchange your money for their currency, but will sell you a packet of their currency at twice the face value. This was our best year at Belize, as we stayed on the boat and enjoyed the pool. I wish Carnival would replace this port with another.
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This has been our favorite port since we started coming here 3 years ago. The snorkeling is unmatched. We use Victor Bodden every year and request Ann as our driver. She has a wealth of knowledge of the island as she has lived there all her life. We go directly to Bananarama and then walk down to the far end of the beach to snorkel "the rock". This year, we paid $30.00 for the use of lounge chairs and an umbrella for the day. A resort is going up at that spot and they have a bar and restrooms already in place. You can still layout and use the beach in front of the roped off area for free as most everyone else did. The snorkeling here is extraordinary. I bought a digital camera before we left that is waterproof to 16 feet. I got some incredible shots and some pretty decent video. My wife and I have often discussed flying to Roatan and spending a week there. It is just too hard to give up the cruise part.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
The ONLY reason Costa Maya only gets a "5" is the 6 mile bumpy dirt road we took to Maya Chan. Maya Chan is an all inclusive of a whole different variety. It is more rustic....but absolutely awesome. If you are looking for the dime a dozen party AI's, this ain't it. If you want a big slice of Tropical Heaven with great service, delicious fresh tropical food and drink....then this is it. I came to the conclusion that God must have a nice tan because this place has to be part of Heaven. Quiet, relaxing. The only sounds you hear are the waves lapping the sand. One of the guys took us on a kayak tour that was a blast. I did a little snorkeling (doesn't compare to Roatan) but mostly just laid in a chair and enjoyed the PEACE. The place is owned by a couple of young American guys that are genuinely happy that you are there and treat you like family. The biggest drawback was that we were not in port long so I had to pass on the "golf tournament". I've heard it is a blast as well. Okay, so I'm going to go back and give this place a 5+. Don't miss Maya Chan.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum