Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > celialou's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay

celialou's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay
Carnival Conquest cruise in April 2012
Member Name: celialou
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: celialou's Carnival Conquest Review
Cozumel
Chankanaab National Park Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We've been to Cozumel several times before. This time we decided to check out Chanakaab. We booked early online to save. We paid $39 for admission to the park, lunch, and snorkeling. We also got to see the manatees, dolphins, and an excellent sea lion show. The sea lions were our favorite part. After the awesome show, they sat us on a bench and the sea lion "kissed" me on the cheek for a picture. It was $15 and totally worth it! Snorkeling was alright. Not the best, but enjoyable enough. The lunch was eh.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Grand Cayman
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We booked our on excursion with Captain Marvin's. It was $35/each. We were taken by shuttle to the boat and went out to Sting Ray City. It was really cool. We got to swim with the rays, kiss them, etc. They had a camera guy taking pictures of everything. He would put them on a CD for $45, which is pretty steep. Normally I wouldn't have paid that much, but I left my own waterproof camera on the boat and didn't want to not have any pictures at all. The second stop was snorkeling at a reef. It was beautiful. They threw food into the water to attract the most beautiful fish. There were even rays swimming towards the bottom. Very nice. On the way back to shore, one of the crewmen had cleaned and prepared some conch he had gathered from the bottom. It was delicious. I highly recommend Captain Marvin's. I know if this is your first cruise your gut tells you to book through Carnival, but let me warn you....you will pay three times as much and be crammed shoulder to shoulder on a rickety boat with 70 people. This actually happened. The people jampacked on this boat pull up to sting ray city with us and there were so many kids and people it was ridiculous. One of the women told me they had booked through Carnival and paid $150. Our really nice boat only had 20-30 people.

Stingray Swim Rating: 5+ out of 5+

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Montego Bay
Port Rating: Not Rated
In Jamaica, we kinda did our own thing. No excursion or event, really. We got on a taxi to go to Margaritaville when the driver offered us the full days use of his bus for $20/person. Those not interested were let off at Margaritaville. The rest of us continued on. We got a tour of the city, taken to some cool unique spots, shopping, and more. For lunch he took us to this little hole in the wall looking place called Scotchies. It was amazing jerk chicken and pork. So amazing.

More Montego Bay Reviews Montego Bay Port Profile Montego Bay Forum