Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > karajeboo's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Castaway Cay

karajeboo's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Castaway Cay
Disney Magic cruise in March 2012
Member Name: karajeboo
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: other
Member Review: karajeboo's Disney Magic Review
Key West
City Trolley / Conch Train Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We love doing tours like this when a city offers a history that you can't learn on your own. This tour only offered 4 on/off stops though, and it was a LONG tour for such a small town. I felt there were a lot of areas visited that were not necessary.

Key West is really an adult port. We did a trolley tour and had a couple drinks in Sloppy Joe's. Our daughter referred to the town as "Freakville" after seeing some of the locals..... My husband met up with a college fraternity brother who lived her though, so that was fun for him. If I visited this port again on a family cruise, I would probably allow my daughter to stay on the ship while my husband and I enjoyed Duval Street alone.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Grand Cayman
Island Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Best. Excursion. Ever.

On Grand Cayman we booked a private excursion with Fat Fish Adventures, and our captain Jordan made this the BEST excursion I've ever taken! We did Stingray City, snorkeling, Starfish Beach and Rum Point. Jordan didn't stick to a strict schedule, instead he watched to see when a large boat would leave an area, and then he'd take us there so we'd be snorkeling alone over a beautiful reef. He did the same with Stingray City. I will book with Fat Fish again when I come back to Grand Cayman. And because of this excursion, I WILL be back to Grand Cayman! Loved it!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
On Cozumel we went to the all-inclusive Mr Sancho's beach. Fantastic choice!!! It was not crowded, the drinks and food were all delicious and the service was great! It didn't hurt that we were with another family so our kids had companions to play with. This would not have been as enjoyable if it were just our family of three. Also, the beautiful, clean pool had a swim up bar and the kids loved it, too!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Castaway Cay
Port Rating: Not Rated
Of course Disney's private island is the highlight to any DCL cruise. Castaway Cay is done in true Disney fashion. This year we rented a private cabana and while I don't regret it, I probably would not do it again for our family. It would be wonderful for a family with infants or toddlers who need the shaded hut for a nap, or for an extended family to relax and have a "private" getaway, or for that family with an elderly or handicapped member who doesn't like being in crowds or in the sun all day.

It was beautiful, and it was nice to have servers bring us drinks, and bring our food back to our cabana for lunch, but for $500 for the day, we felt like we HAD to be there, and really, we enjoyed snorkeling, bike riding, etc, so we only spent maybe a total of 2 hours in or near our cabana.

More Castaway Cay Reviews Castaway Cay Port Profile Castaway Cay Forum