Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > mompoole's Port Reviews of Labadee, San Juan, St. John (U.S.V.I.), St. Maarten

mompoole's Port Reviews of Labadee, San Juan, St. John (U.S.V.I.), St. Maarten
Celebrity Silhouette cruise in April 2012
Member Name: mompoole
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: other
Member Review: mompoole's Celebrity Silhouette Review
Labadee
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Labadee is what it is. A man made island resort-ish place for RCI and Celebrity. Be careful picking a beach to go swimming. For the most part the ocean bottom is rocky. Swimming shoes are advised. A few areas have sandy bottoms. The lunch was good.

More Labadee Reviews Labadee Port Profile Labadee Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
No excursion. Just a need to pop into CVS to buy a few forgotten items. An afternoon rain storm forced us to go to Senior Frogs and drink margarita's and then wear silly balloon hots. Much more fun than an excursion.
More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
For shopping, I love St. John. The reputible liquor stores have better prices than on ship. And, they will box up your purchases, deliver them to the ship and you won't see them until your last night aboard.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
If the ship docks at the pier near the beach, there is a lovely place to go swimming. If not, you're kind of stuck in an industrial area with no idea of what to do.

My main complaint is with the Shore Excursion people. Their maps of ports did not include any local transportation information, no historical site worth walking to, not even information on restaurants. The maps provided only listed jewelry stores and other tourist traps. Very disappointing.

If one wanted to see historical areas, local culture, etc. you had to pay for any excursion. This is not typical of Celebrity. We were on Constellation in November, and their excursion staff did a fantastic job with communication and information.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum