Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > knrdodd's Port Reviews of Barbados, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Martin, San Juan

Carnival Victory cruise in April 2012
Member Name: knrdodd
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: knrdodd's Carnival Victory Review
Barbados
Island Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Barbados: Thanks to Trip Advisor, sent "taxicab or Sanjay" message stating our desire for his services. I cannot say enough good things about him. He was very patient with me while I was trying to decide what to do on the island, sent clear and precise information on where to meet him and was promptly waiting for us with a smile on his face. He even showed us a local eatery where I had the best rum punch. Cost $25 USD per person for 3 1/2 hour island tour.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
St. Thomas
Island Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
St Thomas: Originally planned on taking son to Blackbeard's Castle and was informed via Trip Advisor to do Island Tour first and then be dropped off to save $$$. Glad that we did. Was assigned Denise by cab station and she was very personable and always had a smile on her face. She drove us to Blackbeard's Castle but we decided not to go there and ate lunch at a local eatery instead. Cost $25 USD per person.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: Not Rated
St. Lucia: Did not have any excursions planned for this island and wish that I had done more research. Hated being bombarded by people offering us "taxis" and finally said "yes" just to get away. Damien, our driver, reassured us that is cab was air conditioned. NOT! We were suppose to be going shopping but ended up seeing the poverty areas on the island. The only good part was a stop at a local rum factory where tasting was only $3pp. Cost $10 USD per person.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
St. Kitts
Island tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
My son and I did the Heritage Tour thru Kittitian Tours. Once again, Akimbo took wonderful care of us. He took the time to call me and reassure me that he did not forget about us and he would meet us when we docked. He was there waiting patiently for us and had an "air conditioned van" with drinkings waiting. Cost $48 USD per person (this includes admittance to national park)

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
St. Martin
Snorkeling Rating: Not Rated
St. Maarten: Capt.Bob made sure all involved had a wonderful time. $100 USD per person. Would definitely recommend this excursion.

More St. Martin Reviews St. Martin Port Profile St. Martin Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Did not do any excursions

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum