Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > bcsupersleuth's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta

bcsupersleuth's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: bcsupersleuth's Carnival Splendor Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
There were lots of options in Cabo San Lucas (and lots of Mexicans to tell you those options over and over as you walked down the seawall). The first day, our family walked to a beach about 30 minutes from the tender, rented an umbrella for $10 and enjoyed the chaotic beach scene. Lots of people, boats, loud music. But the water was great and our son LOVED playing in the sand, so it was a great day. The second day, we bartered for a glass bottom boat for the whole family (including our young son and our 7 year old nephew, grandparents etc.). Our tour was excellent, and our boat driver was knowledgeable, friendly and entertaining. He threw food over the side of the boat and we could see fish come right up to the side, flipping water with their tails. Then he dropped us off at Lover's Beach and picked us up at the time we gave him to come back (about an hour as we had nap time to account for with our son). That beach was windy, but fun for walking around, exploring the cave and the beach on the other side of us. Some of the guys even went in the water but the undertow was pretty strong and the waves were large.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
If I came back here, I'd do an excursion. The plan had been to just wander with my parents and my 17 month old son. There wasn't a lot around the boat, so we took a city bus (super cheap, I think like 20 pesos or something for all of us) downtown to where the shopping district was. Unfortunately everything was out of my price range (more name brand stores, jewellery etc. than little stalls where you could barter). For me, it wasn't worth it to go downtown.

My husband however did scuba diving excursion through Carnival and would definitely recommend it. He had a great time on the private beach they went to, included lunch and free drinks (after the scuba diving of course), and liked the boat ride there and back.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum