Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > RoxieRue's Port Reviews of St. Croix, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas

RoxieRue's Port Reviews of St. Croix, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: RoxieRue's Celebrity Summit Review
St. Croix
Port Rating: Not Rated
As this was an Easter cruise we went to the local Catholic church on St. Croix was was excellent in both local flavor and history as the church was build in 1846. The service on board was not until 5:00 p.m. for us too late. It rained so we did not do much locally, but ate well on board and went to the steam room.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
Dominica
Island tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We selected a local driver to take us to Champagne Beach, and a tour of the island. Champagne beach was disappointing as it was all rock, cost $2.00 each to get in. My friend said there were "some" fish I thought there should be other beaches I would suggest another area to go to. The driver took us to the rain forest, and steam pools. I personally would just as soon have stayed on the ship. The island is extremely poor. I would recommend a boat tour as the roads are extremely rough wherever you go.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Grenada
Port Rating: Not Rated
Grenada, was interesting and they have finally recovered mostly from the 2004 storm. The beaches we went to had no fish swimming in the water therefore, not much to see if snorkeling. There is a local Catholic Church that the roof was blown off due to the storm in 2004 that was refurbished by the local pastor Father Carroll whom we met at the church. He is an old school Irish priest who was a joy to talk to about the church and island. The local walk on the water front was interesting but the island is quite hilly "steep" so besure to wear shoes. I would suggest taking a boat tour and enjoy the water around the island.

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: Not Rated
My party decided to go to Morning Star beach at the base of the Marriott Hotel. The hotel was wonderful to explore, but the beach was nice swim at but not to snorkel, as there was no fish. I would suggest you go to Sapphire Beach & Island Drive - STF5. We walked around town and took the $21.00 tram to Paradise Point for a drink, its a short 5min. walk from the ship to the tram. The shops are nice at the pier and there is an excellent camera shop.

I like St. Thomas as there is much to do locally or you can go to St. John's. Would not suggest the helmet dive.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum