Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Jen and Joe Traveler's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Tunis (La Goulette), Rome (Civitavecchia)

MSC Splendida cruise in April 2012
Member Name: Jen and Joe Traveler
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: Jen and Joe Traveler's MSC Splendida Review
Barcelona
City Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
This was not an only English speaking tour therefore the tour guide was switching from Italian and English so quickly that you felt like you were missing out on so much. I would tour Barcelona on my own next time or try to hire a tour guide not booked through the cruise line.

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Tunis (La Goulette)
City Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Tour guide was very knowledgeable and you could tell that he was proud of his heritage. We visited many ancient sites that I would have likely never visited had I not taken the tour. My only dislike about this tour was that he kept taking us to his "friends" shop in which we were bombarded by salesmen trying to sell EVERYTHING to us. I felt a little intimidated and was only assured having my husband right by my side at all times.

More Tunis (La Goulette) Reviews Tunis (La Goulette) Port Profile Tunis (La Goulette) Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was the first time that we did not take an excursion and for the first time we actually had a wonderful time. The cruise line was charging over 320 euros for the all day excursion that included bus ride from the port through Rome. However, my family took the train that cost 36 euros round trip for all of us. We walked through Vatican City and the main Rome sights reading all the literature attached to every monument. Great experience and would love to go back to Rome as we didn't feel that 8 hours was enough time to truly appreciate everything that Rome has to offer.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum