Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > alisnachin's Port Reviews of St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados

Adventure of the Seas cruise in March 2012
Member Name: alisnachin
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: alisnachin's Adventure of the Seas Review
St. Croix
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
When we got off the ship, we did a little shopping in the port area. It was a nice safe area. We did want to explore St. Croix and we heard that Angry Nate's had some cool t-shirts, so we found a taxi driver that gave us a tour of the island, brought us to the Cruzan rum distillery, brought us to Angry Nate's and back to the ship. Denny, our driver was awesome. He was informative and brought us to some great scenic places. I would have never gone to the distillery otherwise and I am so glad that I did. Angry Nate's did not have a great selection of t-shirts while we were there, but it did have good food and even better drinks.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We had been St. Maarten before, so we knew we wanted to go to Orient Beach. We love it here and will continue to return when we go to this island. We just find a place that has comfy chairs, rent a few chairs and an umbrella and hang out at the beach. This is my idea of a GREAT vacation day.
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Just like our other ports, we did not plan an excursion in Antigua. I would not do this again in this port. Once you get off the ship, you are immediately attacked by taxi drivers - they are extremely aggressive and will even follow you while walking. The store and stands are also aggressive. This may sound bad, but I have a good sense of smell and the port smells badly. I think we were off the ship for a total of an hour, thirty minutes of which were spent in the casino. Ideally, if I were to return here, I would either stay on the ship or plan an excursion with the cruise line.

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We decided that we were going to get a tour of the island of St. Lucia. We found the only taxi driver that was not harassing the tourists and asked him how much for the day. Our driver, Julian took us all around the island. He brought us to some excellent view point and a couple of little markets. The highlight of our tour was the banana plantation where he explained to us about the growth and harvest of bananas.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
Barbados
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This was my first trip to Barbados and I may be in love. It is a beautiful island. We went to the Carlisle Beach and used Harbour Lights as our home base for the day. It was great. We got two chairs, an umbrella and use of their facilities. The sea is perfect here - warm and wavy. This port was the highlight of my trip. I want to go back today.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum