Member Reviews

Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: melwrey's Carnival Elation Review
Cozumel
Culinary Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Highly recommend this one if you are a food junkie. Master Chef Luis and his staff are not only wonderful instructors and talented at their profession but highly entertaining as well. The food is delicious and there is also an open bar. The cooking class in it self is outstanding. There was one disappointment to the excursion. The class is held at the Playa Mia resort and you have time after the class to go out and enjoy the beach. My daughter had looked forward to snorkeling here. The catamarans are coming in and out and water is very choppy here. Where the snorkeling area is the beach drops off sharply with jagged coral. My daughter came out with bloody knees after only 5 minutes. Not the best place for snorkeling.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Progreso
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
As far as I am concerned this port gets a bad rap. I enjoyed the small town of Progreso. I do say there is not much to do here except the Mayan ruins. We took the $3.00 tour bus through town which last about 20 minutes. There are cheap massages to be had. My daughter and I paid $20.00 for 45 minutes and received great massages. This was right on the block where we got off the tour bus. I did notice the massages got cheaper the closer you got to the beach. We had a little more privacy where we got ours done and not laid out on the beach half naked. If that doesn't bother you more power to you tho and save some more bucks. I enjoyed my privacy. I had plenty of ones for tips but had forgotten to break my hundreds for smaller bills before going into port. These places do not keep change. I very warily handed my large bill to my masseuse to go get change. It took her only about 5 minutes to come back but it seemed like an hour wondering if she had ran off with that hundred. I hate to think that way but it does happen. Thankfully she returned with all my change and I happily tipped her. Reminder: break large bills before going into port. Buddy's restaurant had been highly recommended I have to say I was a little disappointed. They had been touted for their 2 for $5.00 margaritas. I love a good margarita, these not so much. They came in 8 ounce glasses with about 6 ounces of tequila and 2 of mix and only about 2 ice cubes. Warm mostly straight tequila is not my idea of a good margarita. But hey if you want to get drunk this is the place to do it. They also give free tequila shots out quite generously. They allow the street vendors to come in and solicit from table to table. A few might be okay but this was a constant stream of saying "no thank you, no thank you" It was hard to get your meal eaten. The food was not great but not bad. The beach was clean and beautiful and I felt very safe in the little town. They actually have a Wal-Mart there they are very proud of. lol
More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum