Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jlamc12345

Member Name: jlamc12345
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Had a Great Cruise
Overall we had a great cruise. I will break it down as follows:

Cabin: We had adjoining cabins, 7210 and 7214 because we were traveling with two 14 year olds and an 11 year old. Cabins were nice and the adjoining feature worked perfectly for us. There is a ton of storage in the cabins and the beds are extremely comfortable. The only thing I didn't like about the cabin was that we were very forward on the ship and one of the balconies was partially under the Bridge. Also, we felt a lot of movement, but it didn't really bother any of us. The cabin stewards were awesome and extremely friendly.

Food: I thought the food was pretty good. We really enjoyed our family dinners in the main dining room each evening. Waiters were good and always brought us the right orders, even when we special ordered things. We loved the pasta bar for lunch. The pasta bar was probably the best food on the ship. We also really enjoyed the ice cream and frozen yogurt. My son had 25 bowls during our 7 night cruise (yes, he kept track). The only incident we had regarding dining was on one of the elegant nights my 14 year old son had on shorts and they didn't like that but they did let him in after they found out he was only 14. I think they thought he was older. Also, we did the anytime dining and it worked great for us.

Entertainment: Really enjoyed the comedians and the shows that involved audience participation. My wife enjoyed the singing and dancing productions, but I did not. To me, the entertainment in the main theatre was the area where they could improve the most.

Pool: Wish there were bigger pools and more chairs around the pools but we were always able to find somewhere to sit and enjoy the sun...it just wasn't always right around the pool. Also, I think they could do more fun things around the pool during the at-sea days. They do a few things but it would be nice if they did a few more. The slides were awesome and the whole family had a lot of fun going down those. Also, enjoyed the jumbotron during the NCAA tournament but during the day they could make better use of that.

Getting on and off the ship: Getting on and off the ship was extremely easy. The last time I cruised was 10 years ago on Royal Caribbean and getting on the ship took hours. We walked right on to this one. Getting off actually took a little longer, but was still pretty quick. Same at the ports...getting on and off was easy.

Anytime you are cruising in the middle of the ocean with the sun shining is a good time. Sure, you could pick any ship apart if you wanted to, but I was there to enjoy myself...and I did just that.

Publication Date: 03/31/12