Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by alskas

Cabin Category: 6C
Cabin Number: U193
        16+ 1.0

Son's 18th Birthday / Spring Break Cruise
My husband and I wanted to do something special for our Son's 18th Birthday which happened to also be his Spring Break week. So we booked a 4 day cruise for our Son and his girlfriend. We all four stayed in an ocean view room. I missed my balcony room. The bathroom was very small and no fridge. Be sure to bring a power strip since there is only one outlet in the room. Our room steward did a good job. Especially since the two teenagers were pigs and threw stuff everywhere.

We live near the port and was dropped off at 11am and on the boat by 11:30am. Quick and efficient. Our room was ready by 1pm.

The renovations that have been done since the last time we were on the ship was very nice. The water works that was added is very nice and great for the kids. The updates to the Lido deck is a nice touch.

The food was delicious. We never ate anything that we were unhappy with. Except the coffee. But that is our fault we recently started grinding fresh beans at home and could definitely tell the difference. If you like flavored creamer take your own they do not have them. Also, take some of the water bottle flavor packs to add to the water for flavor variety. They keep lemonade made but some find it to tart for their liking.

My only complaint is for my son. He turned 18 on the ship. There is nothing for this age group. From 17-21 there is a gap. my son has informed me that he does not wish to do any more cruises for a while.

Sunday was his actual Birthday and wanted it to be be special so we booked the Chef's table for that night. WOW! This is worth every penny of the $75.00 per person I paid. The amount of food and quality is amazing. They served us champagne and wine all evening. We were given a tour of the galley and taught to make Melting Cake. Wonderful experience.

My husband and I both enjoyed our cruise. It was nice to just do nothing and relax the entire time.

Disembark went smooth. We did self assist and walked right off the ship. We left our room and was sitting outside the terminal in lass than 15 minutes.

We hate Freeport so we treated it as a sea day and just relaxed and enjoyed the sun. For the first time ever we did an Excursion outside of Carnival. it started off bad when the company failed to show and pick us up. I went to the tourist desk in the Port and they contacted Stuart's Cove. They us to get a taxi and come to them and they would pay the taxi driver. We did and when we arrived they were ready for us and we went for our snorkel adventure. We snorkel Hollywood Bowel. Nice but have seen better, if it wasn't for the fish they attracted with the food it would have been very disappointing. We were suppose to see a Cessna wreck but was told the water was to murky and was taken to an alternate snorkel spot called Sim's Point. Nothing to write home about. Then we went a little further out and they dropped a chum box and we did a shark snorkel. Which consisted of us getting in to the water and holding onto a rope while looking down at the sharks. We were only in the water a few minutes before they called us out. As soon as we were on the boat and they pulled the chum up the sharks became very active. it was definitely the highlight of the trip. The facilities are very nice at Stuart's Cove. I was able to take a hot shower and was my hair and get all the salt off of me. Which thrilled me. They also have a grill where the hamburgers are awesome.

After getting back to the cruise terminal we went to the Straw Market and Senor Frogs. We had a good time in Nassau. I am sure we will be back again.

Publication Date: 03/31/12