Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by lhughes2

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Amazing 5 Days onboard the Liberty!
Embarking the Liberty of the Seas, was probably the best decision my husband and I had ever made! For our 5th year wedding anniversary, we decided to take a cruise, and we didn't want to cruise just anywhere! The Western Caribbean was the best itinerary for us!

We drove from Central Alabama to Fort Lauderdale. The drive was perfect, and it didn't seem like it took 11 hours. We spent the night in a hotel, and then took a shuttle to the port the following morning. The lines were not long to board the ship, only there was a small hiccup. We had to wait for about 30 minutes in a "holding area" while passengers from the previous cruise were disembarking the boat. Once onboard, we could NOT believe our eyes! We immiediately went for lunch in the WindJammer. My hubby loves to eat, and the food was GREAT. I've read many reviews where people have been upset with the "quality" of food in the WindJammer, but we thought it was perfect! The only addition I would make is to ADD SWEET TEA to the menu! We went 6 days without sweet tea, and adding sweet & low to an unsweet tea is not the same. But I digress. After eating, we started exploring the ship. At 1 we were allowed to enter our stateroom. WE LOVED IT. Our attendant, William Newell was AMAZING!! He was very helpful and nice. Our luggage didn't arrive until after dinner on the first night, so we had to eat our first dinner in our "travel clothes" which consisted of shorts and t shirts! My advice--pack a small bag with a swimsuit and change of clothes so that you can lay out by one of the pools while your bags are on the way!

The at sea day was a lot of fun. We spent time in different seminars, and just explored the boat. We never felt pressured to do or buy anything. After dinner that night, we saw our first show "In The Air". It was great! Although, at the front of the boat where the theatre is located, you can really feel the boat rocking. I had to look away a few times because the boat was rocking and the actors were spinning in different directions. My head was starting to swim! Also, on the night of the second day, we found out that cruise.com had given us $50 onboard spending credit! My husband was able to buy juices, ice creams and slushies with this free money! What a nice gesture!

Belize City on the third day was definitely an adventure. NOTE TO FUTURE CRUISERS HERE: DO NOT GO PAST THE BRIDGE!! It is the ghetto. The port was beautiful-the city very poor. Although we made the mistake of going into the ghetto, we didn't feel unsafe. But, if you have children, I would advise either booking an excursion THROUGH RC or staying on the boat in Belize. The "tender" boats are large, but you can definitely get sea sick on these things if that happens to you :( Tendering was definitely an experience!

Cozumel was GREAT! We rented a car and went anywhere we wanted. We never felt unsafe, but it did help that I can speak Spanish. We were able to barter on souvenirs, Cozumel was beautiful, and I recommend "Panchos" for lunch. Great food!!! Located right in a tourist area, so you know it is safe!

The next at sea day, we took it easy. Just laying by the pool, going to the "Worlds Sexiest Man" contest which was HILARIOUS, and then attending Saturday Night Fever-the Musical that night. AMAZING show!! I don't think children under 13 should see the show because of language and themes, but other than that it was great.

All in all, we had a great first cruise together. We loved it. Even being on the ship for 5 nights, we still did not see or do everything the ship had to offer. The Cruise Director James was HYSTERICAL. Along with his sidekick Ken. We loved the daily morning shows. The nightclubs on the ship were a lot of fun for People Watching as well. The food was great. The crew was great. The shows were great. EVERYTHING was great!!! We had an amazing time, and we are already planning to go at the same time next year to the Liberty's Eastern Caribbean destination--Labadee, Haiti.

CRUISE ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND CRUISE THE LIBERTY!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! :))

Publication Date: 03/31/12