Carnival Magic Cruise Review by mrglass1: Carnival Magic no Magic for me

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Magic no Magic for me

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

At last I thought my forth cruise with carnival would be just like the previous, awesome food, awesome destinations and an awesome ship. I was disappointed - in fact it was no better than staying the nite at motel six, eating at the waffle house and walking down the seawall at galveston island the day of a hurricane. If you cruise Carnival here is what you better know. I had a pipe above my bed leak on my head while I was sleeping the first night of the cruise at 3:00am. After telling the cabin steward I figured it would be fixed. Low and behold it leaked on my the second night after I fell asleep. At 3:15 in the morning my bed had puddles in it and I was getting dripped on up from the ceiling. After calling 7777 people started coming to my room. Nobody knew what to do. They kept calling someone, and than my room was full of people. Someone finally told me that they were going to have to take my room apart. Great - two nites with no sleep. My compensation was 20% off per More nite for 2 days. Awesomeness - three people in our cabin with no sleep for two nites = $75.00 onboard credit total.

I felt that the food was what you would find at any cafeteria at the dinner bar. We were looking forward to escargo on the dinner menu in the formal dining room one nite and the waiter told us that since the wasn't enough for all the guests aboard it would not be served. As a special favor to us being that we complained to everyone that we could find, both me and my wife were served them the next night in the formal dinning room. During the previous three cruises with carnival, I always found awesome deserts for after dinner in the buffet line but not on the Magic. I felt like it was a second class cruise on a brand new ship - the Magic. It seems to me that Carnival is going to pay for their new ships with lower quality food. I really feel that this cruise is the last time that I am going to cruise with Carnival and that it is time to find another cruise line that doesn't cut corners on its guests. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>