Norwegian Star Cruise Review by karlam: Norweigan Star 3/11/12

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Western Caribbean Cruises

Norweigan Star 3/11/12

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

This was our first cruise. There were 5 in our party, my husband, myself and 3 adult children. We had 2 inside cabins. We did like these cabins because we all slept great at night because it was nice and dark. We've all decided that we will try for a balcony next time.

I saw some negative review from our cruise and frankly none of us had any complaints and believe me, we are pretty picky. There was a nice variety of food, I can't complain about any meal. We ate at the buffet and the other two restaurants. Also, at Cagney's. The beef was excellent there. Our rooms were also cleaned, the staff was pleasant and friendly.

My husband had a family emergency and had to leave the cruise early. The staff was very accommodating for helping him get off the ship early. On cruise days, the pool area is crowded, but that is to be expected. This is why I would get a balcony cabin next time. We all liked the entertainment on board. I went on cruise critic roll call More in advance of our cruise and got some very helpful information. A very nice couple planned a Meet and Greet. From the M&G we did get a bridge tour. The Captain was very gracious and answered everyone's questions. Very informative. We are now discussing doing it again next year but we want to go to the southern Caribbean.

We would definitely cruise with Norwegian again. I forgot to mention that my kids cabin did have a leak from a burst pipe. After reporting it they immediately came in a romoved the carpeting, dried it out, gave them complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine. (They are over 21) Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star

Cabin 10521 was an inside cabin. They are small but there was plenty of room for the two of us. There was enough storage so we didn't have things laying around. The suit cases fit nicely under the bed. I liked it because it was nice and dark and I was able to get a good nights sleep. It was pretty quiet too, did not hear alot of noise from the hallway.

My family and I did cave tubing in Belize through VIV Tours. We had a great experience. Kareem was our tour guide. He was excellent. There was a bit of a walk to get to the river, but it wasn't too bad. Two people in our party had a little trouble so Kareem took them separately a different way to make it easier on them. I like the tubes, they had neck rests and were tethered with ropes and not your feet. I would highly recommend VIV Tours.

Beach Break

(5.5)
In Costa Maya my family and I took a beach break. We booked through Tropicante. It was perfect. Steve and his staff were great. You only paid for what you ate, drank or activity. We ordered quite a bit for lunch, had margaritas, a bucket of beer and two 1 hour massages. Total, $125. The cab ride was $2 pp from the cruise terminal. It was a good time, very relaxing and we would definitely do it again.

Bar Hop

(5.5)
In Cozumel we experienced the Cozumel Bar Hop. It was so much fun. Met a number of good people. Had a lot of laughs. We did order extra drinks at the various bars and we had some great food. The margaritas were fresh, the salsa a guacamole were very good and the coconut fried shrimp at Rastas was the best I ever had. The bus was very comfortable with nice air conditioning. I can't say enough good things about the Cozumel Bar Hop. I would highly recommend it.
Read 21 Bar Hop Reviews

We went through Victor Bodden Tours. There were five of us so we did the personal tour. We asked our driver Frankie to give us a brief tour of Roatan, take us to see the monkeys (alot of fun) and then he took us to a hotel and we got a day pass for $10 to enjoy the beach. Frankie was very nice and gave us alot of information about Roatan. Would highly recommend him.
Read 1643 Roatan Reviews