Norwegian Star Cruise Review by karlam

Member Name: karlam
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: IE
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Norweigan Star 3/11/12
This was our first cruise. There were 5 in our party, my husband, myself and 3 adult children. We had 2 inside cabins. We did like these cabins because we all slept great at night because it was nice and dark. We've all decided that we will try for a balcony next time.

I saw some negative review from our cruise and frankly none of us had any complaints and believe me, we are pretty picky. There was a nice variety of food, I can't complain about any meal. We ate at the buffet and the other two restaurants. Also, at Cagney's. The beef was excellent there. Our rooms were also cleaned, the staff was pleasant and friendly.

My husband had a family emergency and had to leave the cruise early. The staff was very accommodating for helping him get off the ship early. On cruise days, the pool area is crowded, but that is to be expected. This is why I would get a balcony cabin next time. We all liked the entertainment on board. I went on cruise critic roll call in advance of our cruise and got some very helpful information. A very nice couple planned a Meet and Greet. From the M&G we did get a bridge tour. The Captain was very gracious and answered everyone's questions. Very informative. We are now discussing doing it again next year but we want to go to the southern Caribbean.

We would definitely cruise with Norwegian again. I forgot to mention that my kids cabin did have a leak from a burst pipe. After reporting it they immediately came in a romoved the carpeting, dried it out, gave them complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine. (They are over 21)

Publication Date: 03/29/12