Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Olive Wallace

Member Name: Olive Wallace
Cruise Date: February 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: VA
See More About: Zuiderdam Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Zuiderdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Zuiderdam Deck Plans
Quiet, relaxing cruise, didn't enjoy excusions
We were picked up at the airport, a very friendly fellow took us to the ship, and we were on very quickly. Our bags arrived shortly after, lots of time to unpack, and lots of space to do so. I was impressed with the stewards, so friendly, laundry done for $20.00, all press and back the next day. It was a much smaller ship than I have travelled on before, so the walk from one end to the other wasn't a problem. We are smokers, and found just not enough places to sit on the Lido, so spent more time than we preferred on our deck.

The food was okay, I am not a fish lover so found selection not great. Staff was WONDERFUL, always smiling. always friendly. Their stage show was about the most entertaining we thought, except for Island Magic, awesome! The photography classes were interesting I came home eager to do my pictures,

My one complaint was the Lido deck was closed so early, so service, no ashtrays, and no one to help. I also had trouble with Diamond International, my purchase was very expensive and broke when I put them on at home. It is expensive to return them to New York, so will have to get them repaired here,they should have been fixed when I took them to store in Curacao.

We picked Eco excursions in Panama and Costa Rica, very disappointed, saw very little, just lots of poverty and GARBAGE. We knew it would be an adventure, but by the sound of others talking there were some beautiful places to see, we saw tall trees, waterways, but not much other than sloths. We came home with an appreciation of what a great life we have here in Canada

Very efficient getting everyone out at disembarkation time, 15 min from when we were called until we were on our bus on the way to airport.

Publication Date: 03/29/12