Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Olive Wallace: Quiet, relaxing cruise, didn't enjoy excusions

Olive Wallace
0 Post

Compare Prices on Zuiderdam Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Quiet, relaxing cruise, didn't enjoy excusions

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We were picked up at the airport, a very friendly fellow took us to the ship, and we were on very quickly. Our bags arrived shortly after, lots of time to unpack, and lots of space to do so. I was impressed with the stewards, so friendly, laundry done for $20.00, all press and back the next day. It was a much smaller ship than I have travelled on before, so the walk from one end to the other wasn't a problem. We are smokers, and found just not enough places to sit on the Lido, so spent more time than we preferred on our deck.
The food was okay, I am not a fish lover so found selection not great. Staff was WONDERFUL, always smiling. always friendly. Their stage show was about the most entertaining we thought, except for Island Magic, awesome! The photography classes were interesting I came home eager to do my pictures,
My one complaint was the Lido deck was closed so early, so service, no ashtrays, and no one to help. I also had trouble with Diamond International, my More purchase was very expensive and broke when I put them on at home. It is expensive to return them to New York, so will have to get them repaired here,they should have been fixed when I took them to store in Curacao.
We picked Eco excursions in Panama and Costa Rica, very disappointed, saw very little, just lots of poverty and GARBAGE. We knew it would be an adventure, but by the sound of others talking there were some beautiful places to see, we saw tall trees, waterways, but not much other than sloths. We came home with an appreciation of what a great life we have here in Canada
Very efficient getting everyone out at disembarkation time, 15 min from when we were called until we were on our bus on the way to airport. Less

Read more Zuiderdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zuiderdam Review >>

Cabin review: Zuiderdam Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Upper Promenade 8028

Our cabin was fine, the couch had seen better days, but couldn't complain about anything. Quiet,loved balcony, bathroom efficient, lots of room for clothes. Bed was wonderful!!

We took a bus from the dock, just would have liked to see the other side, and rocky area, our fault. Our tour guide was very obliging and let us stop for sunset pictures, ---WOW.
Read 681 Aruba Reviews

Just got a wrong tour bus, it broke down, an adventure. Can't say the distillery was worth going to.
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

Did some shopping, got what we were looking for at good prices, nice area to walk around
Read 501 Curacao Reviews

We found it very hot that day, but we had just arrived from minus 25 degree weather and snow, so probably would have been different if it had been our last port, not the first. It is very beautiful, lovely beaches