Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by monga10

Carnival Destiny
Member Name: monga10
Cruise Date: March 2012
Cabin Category: 4E
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        16+ 5+

Just back Destiny 3/19/12 - eastern caribbean
Just got off the ship yesterday (3/24). Had a GREAT time!

Tuesday, we had some rough water but the rest of the trip it was much better.

Our room steward, Devon, was awesome! We had an collapsible cooler in our room and he kept it filled with ice. He went above and beyond to make sure things were going well for us. I heard others commend him as well and they even asked if he could go home with them. =)

Food was yummy as usual. Warm chocolate melting cake is my fav!!! The Diet Chocolate Cake is great too!

I did catch a slight sewage type smell in a couple of areas but it was nothing overpowering. Nothing at all that would ruin a vacation.

Even though I am glad that Destiny is getting a makeover. I am sad to see that the name will be changing. I personally don't care for the new name. Guess it gives us the opportunity to check out some other ships though. Would love to do that itinerary again.

Overall the staff was great. There were several that I personally witnessed that went above and beyond to provide great service. There were a few cases where I witnessed some slightly rude behavior (not towards me but towards another cruiser) but mostly smiling, helpful people.

James and his entertainment staff did a great job. Lots of laughs all around.

Time to start saving for the next one.

Publication Date: 03/29/12