Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by monga10: Just back Destiny 3/19/12 - eastern caribbean

monga10
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Just back Destiny 3/19/12 - eastern caribbean

Sail Date: March 2012

Just got off the ship yesterday (3/24). Had a GREAT time!

Tuesday, we had some rough water but the rest of the trip it was much better.

Our room steward, Devon, was awesome! We had an collapsible cooler in our room and he kept it filled with ice. He went above and beyond to make sure things were going well for us. I heard others commend him as well and they even asked if he could go home with them. =)

Food was yummy as usual. Warm chocolate melting cake is my fav!!! The Diet Chocolate Cake is great too!

I did catch a slight sewage type smell in a couple of areas but it was nothing overpowering. Nothing at all that would ruin a vacation.

Even though I am glad that Destiny is getting a makeover. I am sad to see that the name will be changing. I personally don't care for the new name. Guess it gives us the opportunity to check out some other ships though. Would love to do that itinerary again.

Overall the staff was great. More There were several that I personally witnessed that went above and beyond to provide great service. There were a few cases where I witnessed some slightly rude behavior (not towards me but towards another cruiser) but mostly smiling, helpful people.

James and his entertainment staff did a great job. Lots of laughs all around.

Time to start saving for the next one. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Interior Empress 7310

Great space. Couldn't get very cold water in bathroom sink but it wasn't much of a problem.

Grand Turk was great! Loved the fact that the beach is right there with Margaritaville and we didn't have to pay for beach chairs or anything. The water was beautiful and great for trying some snorkeling without doing an actual snorkeling excursion.

Phenomenal. Don't have any other word to describe it. Sand was super soft, water was gorgeous. Service was great. Lunch was good. Love the fact that they feed you lunch. You only spend money on drinks (unless you want water, tea or lemonade which is available by the lunch place for free). Of course, you may choose to spend money for water sports or to rent a raft, water bike, etc. Would love to go there every day.

Nassau - we didn't do much in this port. Took a taxi to Atlantis to meet up with a friend and took some pics there. Did a little shopping and just enjoyed the rest of our last day on the ship.
Read 2662 Nassau Reviews