Carnival Elation Cruise Review by krhpee: Carnival Elation Back to Back

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Elation Back to Back

Sail Date: March 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

Carnival Elation is a great ship. I thought my favorite Carnival cruise was with the Freedom, but since sailing the Carnival Elation, it is now the Carnival Elation.

From the moment we entered the terminal, we had nothing but great experiences. Embarkation was a breeze. Had me looking around that we forget something it went so smooth. Once aboard, things got even better. Our room was ready straight away and so we went to meet our cabin steward. Darwin was the best. Pampered me everyday. Always there but never in the way. He met our every need.

Upon arriving at the MDR for the first night, we were pleasantly surprised to find a waiter that we knew from previous cruise-- 4 years before. He remembered us and came and we talked for some time. How nice for him to remember. I did remember him- he had the same name as our son. Our wait staff was the best team ever. Simmone and An---- wow--- they were great. We had such fun each evening. Maitre D and staff More were so welcoming every night and then again at morning service and lunch. We felt like we had been on the ship forever since they all knew who we were.

Now the entertainment staff-- wow they out did themselves. Gary the cruise director and his assistant, Nick were all over the ship all the time. Announcements were made when necessary but never did they make you feel like they were over doing it. The energy from both of them was so great. Nick had sailed with us before also and remembered us. Again-- nice to feel welcomed.

Housekeepping--you guys rock, This ship was so very spotless. Every surface shined, sparkled and was beautiful. So overall-- I rated this ship 10 out of 10 on all counts. Disembarkation was a little awkward but then when 2000 people don't listen, what can you do? Too many came to lobby before called. People--- do what they ask and all goes so much smoother but not crews fault.

Loved, loved this ship and can't wait to get there again, Soon I hope. Less