Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by BusyLo: Won't go arrival again

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Won't go arrival again

Sail Date: March 2012

Sailed the Carnival Freedom, my first and last Carnival cruise. No matter how much fun we had, nothing could make up for the "rocking". The Freedom rocked every single day. We were a large group and at least one of us were in bed at least one of the days with a sick stomach.

The ship decorations are sort of tacky, the buffet food lines were long. I really felt like I was at a Shoneys or Ryans in terms of food.

The dining room food was a little better, but a hit or miss each night. I ended up isolated in my cabin the final day with a stomach virus. They brought me clear broth, rice and ginger ale on a tray with a "hazardous waste" bag to seal it in when I was done. The bag was probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

My daughter and I are home now, and both still dizzy and nauseated.

We did have a blast with friends, the Sting Ray City excursion was incredible. Don't do Bamboo Beach Club, I think that is where I got sick. And the excursion More isn't with the money.

We've traveled Royal Caribbean before and we loved it. We never even felt the ship moving. The food was much better, the decor more elegant, the staff more pleasant, and we loved the "food art" on RC. The ice sculptures and presentation just really created an elegant ambience.

To me, the Carnival Freedom was really just a floating hotel. And the deck plans just didn't make sense. It was hard to get from the front to the back, floor to floor. The cabin was very roomy, with lots of storage. The balcony was nice, but I prefer a sliding door to the balcony rather than one you push to open.

Overall, we had a great time because of the great company with whom we traveled. I'm glad we went, but no more Carnival for me. Less

Published 03/29/12